- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Loads and unloads shipments. Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Time Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Load and unload incoming and outgoing shipments.
* Unload, unpack and examine deliveries.
* Move product into inventory.
* Operate fork lift or use hand truck to move items between shipping-and-receiving platform and storage or work areas.
Maintain adequate stock of shipping materials and supplies.
* Maintain records of shipments.
* Enter receipts into BPCS inventory management system.
Serve as back-up for other department activities.
* Relieve warehouse personnel for breaks and meals.
Perform other duties as assigned or required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 1-2 years work experience
* Computer literate
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Regularly required to stand, walk and climb.
* The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions, and is occasionally exposed to traffic hazards, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a warehouse and walk-in freezer environment where temperatures can vary from extreme cold to very warm.
* The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
10 p.m. - 6:30 a.m., Sunday through Friday or as needed (OT is required)
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.