Shipping Coordinator/Repair Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnder the direction of and reporting to the Factory Service Center Branch Manager, the primary duty of the Shipping Coordinator/Repair Technician will be to perform shipping and receiving responsibilities and repair and/or service work of Milwaukee products in accordance with prescribed procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Shipping / Receiving
* Perform a variety of shipping and receiving duties in accordance with prescribed procedures.
* Receive and record units, parts and accessories ordered or returned for repair, service and/or stock.
* Visually inspect goods received and route for storage, repair and/or service.
* Fill and pack orders and repairs for shipment to customers; prepare shipping documents and determine shipping charges.
* Load and unload trucks and operate material handling equipment.
Service / Repair
* Work involves disassembly of units, diagnosis of operating difficulty, location and replacement of worn or defective parts within times in accordance with work instructions.
* Perform prescribed inspections and make decisions as to feasibility of repairs.
* Keep records of parts used and provide data for billing and/or warranty information.
* Recognize and report operational irregularities and defective materials.
* Set-up and perform electrical and mechanical tests to insure product's repair and/or work performed is in conformance with prescribed quality standards.
* Work from parts sheets, specifications and drawings.
* Assist with sales and service counter duties; draw parts from stock as needed to service counter trade; * maintain monetary transactions; record maintenance and assist with inventories as required.
* Assist in performing counter procedures including answering phones, placing orders, logging in tools, and assisting walk-in customer traffic.
* Responsible for quality of work, safety and housekeeping in area assigned.
* Perform miscellaneous tasks as directed.
* Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED.
* One to two years of previous experience in electrical and/or mechanical repair is preferred.
* Experience of two to three years in a customer service position is preferred.
* At least one year experience in a similar position to become familiar with shipping, receiving, and counter procedures is preferred.
* Must possess effective business communication skills and ability to understand local branch market.
* Must be proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications.