Shipping Logistics Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
This position will be supporting the shipping (receiving and warehouse) operations for our technical centers. The majority of time will be spent preparing shipments and processing them through computerized shipping programs. It also requires a high degree of communication with teammates, internal customers and other logistics coordinators.
* Physical packaging and preparation of materials to be shipped out
* Review and entry of shipping information into appropriate computerized shipping program
* Collaborate with Global Trade team on international shipments
* Organize and complete shipping documentation/paperwork
* Coordinate with transportation partners to meet business needs
* High School Diploma
* 1 year of relevant experience, 3 years preferred
* Strong customer service skills, strong team player and ability to build relationships with employees, customers and vendors
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong planning and organization skills
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Must be able to multi-task and respond to requests on a tight time-line
* Ability to perform accurate calculations in counting materials and determining quantities
* Ability to lift and manipulate 55 lbs.
* Ability to be forklift certified
* Must have strong safety awareness and focus at all times
* High degree of computer proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability and willingness to learn shipping and warehouse management systems
* Must be flexible to work at multiple Minneapolis area locations, as needed
* IATA - Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certification or Training
* Domestics and International Parcel Shipping Experience
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance at this time.