Olympus - San Jose, CA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Olympus Corporation of the Americas (OCA), with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care, life science and consumer electronics products serving customers throughout North and South America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include:
gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes, digital cameras and voice recorders.Position Description:
San Jose, CA - The Shipping Person is responsible for being involved in the daily operation of the Shipping Department by maintaining needed supplies, packaging all products and processing all shipments on computer or via manual documentation. EOE M/F/D/VRequirements and Responsibilities:
* Maintain all department supplies at necessary levels.
* Inspect orders for packing list and verify completeness.
* Package all orders or requests for shipping in a safe and efficient manner to guard against damage during shipment.
* Verify shipping mode for each shipment prior to shipping and assign order to conveyor line as appropriate.
* Perform data entry of order record numbers to access correct PKMS records in order to ensure the processing of exact pick slip/order.
* Compare air bill label to the packing list label to ensure that the order is correct.
* Maintain an organized work area throughout the day by palletizing or racking completed orders as designated.
* Verify all shipments are accounted for with carrier labels before releasing to carriers.
* Generate carrier manifest for daily shipping totals at the end of the day.
* Operate all material handling equipment in a safe manner at all times.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.Qualifications:
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* A High School Diploma or GED is required.
* Must have at least 6 months experience in a shipping or receiving environment.
* Computer experience is preferred.
* Must be able to follow both written and verbal instructions.
* Forklift experience is preferred.
* Must be able to lift up to 70lbs.Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
- Refer a friend to this jobReturn to Job Listings