Shipping Supervisor 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary:
Responsible for the efficient operation of the Shipping Department, performing multiple tasks in accordance to Monroe goals as outlined by the Manager.
* Supervise the day-to-day activities to ensure the daily, on-time, proper, shipment of all goods via Freight, UPS or In-house truck routes.
* Supervise the shipping staff to accommodate the changing production environment to produce the desired shipping results.
* Mentor, supervise, coach and hold accountable shipping department employees on proper shipping methods, policies and procedures.
* Communicate to the Shipping Manager issues with proposed solutions to alleviate lost or delayed shipments.
* Communicate to internal Shipping Department members to ensure project information, new methods/standards as well as Decore-ative news is distributed effectively.
* Perform other duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
* Bi-Lingual English and Spanish (a plus)
* Strong verbal communications skills.
* Excellent working knowledge of UPS and LTL Freight requirements.
* Strong knowledge of shipping and carrier disciplines.
* Knowledge of standard shipping methods/best practices.
* Working knowledge of the following software: Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
* Must be able to execute multiple shipping projects simultaneously and work in an extremely FAST PACED, time sensitive environment.
* 3 to 5 years Shipping Lead experience in a fast paced automated shipping environment