Shipping and Receiving Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlbany Engineered Composites (AEC) designs, develops, and manufactures advanced composite components in order to help our customers push the frontiers of innovation. Our core strength is our ability to produce highly tailored, complex composite components. With our unique blend of products -- including 3D woven structures, traditional and non-traditional 2D composite structures, and discrete through thickness reinforcement technologies, to name a few -- AEC is able to produce composite components and products which meet performance and cost specifications often beyond the reach of metallic or conventional laminated composites.
Performs a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties; may work out of a central warehouse. Uses computer system for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting. Follows shipping practices and procedures, transportation routing, schedules and requirements. Receives incoming materials or prepares materials for shipment; (un)packs or (un)wraps items such as finished products, raw stock, assemblies, parts, building materials, office supplies, equipment, etc. Verifies quantity, weight and conformance of materials to stated identifications; logs receipt of items on system, processes freight bills, packing sheets and other documents; reports materials shipped and bills of lading; posts weight and shipping charges, and routes merchandise to destinations.
* Little or no knowledge of the job. Moderate understanding of general job aspects and some understanding of thedetailed aspects of the job.
* Close supervision involving detailed instructions and constant checking on work performance.
* Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring littleexplanation or interpretation. Internal staff main contacts.
* Perform shipping, receiving and material handling functions using MRP software and manual shipping equipment. Ableto lift 50lbs. Ability to operate a forklift. Military packing requirements. Verify incoming shipments. Issues receipt traveler.Perform inventories. Load skids and pallets. Move and deposit loads safely and efficiently. Loads and unloads trucks.Maintains general housekeeping and ESD rules within the work area.
* High School or GED
* 3 years of experience.
* Some experience using power equipment in a warehouse operation is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled