Shipping and Receiving Associate (Temp to Hire)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
GenMark Diagnostics, Inc.
At GenMark, we re changing the diagnostics landscape, combining out-of-the-box thinkers and game-changing technology to revolutionize patient care. Our work atmosphere is dynamic, fast-paced, and patient-focused. We encourage teamwork, while reinforcing the importance of individuality, and encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit.
GenMark is a leading provider of automated, multiplex molecular diagnostic testing systems. Utilizing GenMark's proprietary eSensor detection technology, GenMark's XT-8 and ePlex sample-to-answer systems are designed to support a broad range of molecular diagnostic tests with a compact, easy-to-use workstation and self-contained, disposable test cartridges.
GenMark is not just a job it s a way of life. We also provide opportunities to volunteer in the community, participate in sports leagues, and enjoy company social events.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the accurate, complete and timely processing of all domestic and international shipments of saleable product as well as miscella neous items, and receipt of all incoming materials including inventory items, laboratory supplies and office supplies. Responsibilities also include transporting and delivering materials to internal labs, offices, and supply areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Accurately and completely process all product shipments from finished goods inventory; this includes, but need not be limited to, the pulling of materials, packaging of the orders, coding for shipment with the designated carrier and processing in the computerized ERP system and the shipping manifest system
* Properly process all shipments of miscellaneous non-sales materials such as product literature, specimens, and other items per requestors instructions
* Follow the federal and international regulations regarding hazardous substance transportation
* Notify the Customer Service department immediately if a scheduled shipment cannot be processed
* Perform timely tracking of shipments upon request by Customer Service or supervision
* Assist in counting, staging, and storage of finished goods inventory and replenishment of shipping supplies
* Properly process all receipts of raw materials and expensed material and equipment in support of company activities
* Ensure timely and accurate inspection, storage and transactions in ERP system
* Ensure proper handling, packing and storage of temperature-sensitive materials
* Operate all material handling equipment in the manner for which it has been designed
* Operate all material handling equipment in a safe manner
* Follow all standard operation procedures and GMP & SOX guidelines for all designated functions
* Adhere to all safety instructions and guidelines
* Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required
Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma
* Two (2) years of experience in a ware house/stockroom operation utilizing material handling equipment and computerized inventory control/ ERP system
* One (1) year experience domestic or international shipping and material receiving
* Basic computer skills with word processor and spread sheets.
* Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
* Experience in handling temperature-controlled materials and dangerous goods (dry ice, clinical specimens)
* Experienced in both domestic & international shipping
* Must be a hands-on, self-directed, organized and conscientious individual
* Complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
* Must be able to think and work both tactically and strategically to provide financial and operational needs to GenMark s business
* Effective analytical problem solving, judgment and decision making skills are required
* Strong time management and organizational skills in a dynamic, constantly changing environment
* Ability to read, write and analyze complex documents
* Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries, customer inquiries or complaints as well as communicate effectively both orally and in writing with management, peers and individuals
* Ability to work effectively, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships
* The essential functions of the job are usually performed in an environmentally controlled facility where the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position may involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. The employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood borne pathogens and automated equipment.
* While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may sometimes be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
GenMark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind: GenMark is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GenMark are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GenMark will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GenMark encourages applicants of all ages. GenMark participates in E-Verify. GenMark is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.