Shop Diesel Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Lake Charles, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location:
Lake Charles, LOUISIANA
Full Time, Temporary to Permanent
Shop Diesel Mechanic
If you are a highly motivated, organized, and professional Mechanic with strong technical skills this is an excellent opportunity to advance your career. Qualified candidates will have their own tools and experience with Heavy Diesel Truck maintenance and repair. As a Shop Diesel Mechanic you will be responsible for repairs and the maintenance of diesel powered tractor-trailers, for both internal and external customers, as well as ensuring the road worthiness of company and leased equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Diesel Mechanic performs preventive maintenance on trucks and trailers while utilizing personal safety equipment as required.
* Open repair orders and charge the appropriate parts to the repair order
* Diesel Mechanic performs tire inspections/appropriate paperwork to company standards
* Diesel Mechanic performs shop clean-up and housekeeping responsibilities as well as other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
* Inspects and maintains basic vehicle/accessorial worthiness including proper fuel levels and tire air pressure, fluid levels, brakes, lights, and safety equipment and submits reports indicating condition of equipment.
* Comprehend and perform Driver Vehicle Inspection Repair (DVIR) process*
Diagnose and repair:
* Brakes & Air Systems
* Clutch, Linkage and Transmission
* Mud flaps/hangers
* Air intake system
* Start, charging and electrical systems
* Landing gear and attachments
* In transit heat systems
* Coolant Systems
* HVAC System
* Fuel System
* Exhaust Systems
* Electrical Systems
* Steering and Suspension
* Install, diagnose and repair Qualcomm
* Diesel Mechanic performs trailer preps
* Trailer and hose inspections per HM183 standards
* Perform work on frame rail and sub frame
* Possesses and demonstrates the ability to perform assigned tasks in a manner that adheres to the companies Safety, Health, Environmental and Security policies.
* Must have a valid driver s license (CDL a plus)
* Ability to provide own tools commensurate with experience
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to read and comprehend service manuals
* Knowledge of tools and equipment used in the shop to repair and maintain company equipment
* Advanced knowledge of tractor and trailer maintenance
* Knowledge of diagnostic software
* Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations and out-of-service parameters for tractors, trailers and accessorial equipment.
* Knowledge of proper procedures for handling and disposal of hazardous waste materials.
* Minumum 3 years experience with Truck and Trailer repairs
* Relevant experience from previous jobs that would be required before entering this job, including time spent in formal apprenticeships.
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate job whether it is a temporary assignment or career position. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs with companies across the country in areas such as: manufacturing, distribution & logistics, call centers, hospitality, skilled trades, administrative & clerical, and retail.Advantage Resourcing is an equal opportunity employer. The pay rate for this position is $16.00 /hr.
$16.00 to $16.00 per Hour
Years Experience Required:
At ADVANTAGE RESOURCING, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate job whether it is a temporary assignment or career position. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs with companies across the country in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales. .
Our strength is being able to solve our client s workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. ADVANTAGE RESOURCING can help you discover the personal and career success you desire..
Advantage Resourcing offers a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits package and 401(k) plan.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.