Shop Floor Production Planner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Eastman Kodak Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Production Planner will report to the FPPF (Flexo Printed and Plated Films) Operations Manager, but will take day to day direction from the FPPF Supply Chain Manager. The Production Planner will schedule the FPPF manufacturing lines for production runs, commercialization/new product runs, and Ru0026amp;D experimentation. Additionally, the Production Planner will maintain and manage supply of incoming manufacturing raw materials. Other duties may include material handling, operations back up, shipping and receiving, and cycle counting.
* Create and maintain daily schedules for all FPPF operation processes. Schedule the production lines in a way that best optimizes the available capacity of the facility while meeting all customer and Ru0026amp;D forecasted needs.
* Learn and utilize information systems (KQM, SAP, PV-Deviation Reporting) supporting the factory for product tracking, product genealogy, roll status, deviation reporting, and production system records.
* Collect data to support department performance tracking and other key metrics.
* Interface with other Kodak organizations such as, PCFF Film Finishing, Estar manufacturing and Slitting Operations that support FPPF.
* Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for planning and scheduling functions, data collection, documentation, and reporting.
* Monitor inventory of all raw materials and in process inventory.
* Coordinate the ordering and receiving of all raw materials per established re-order points. Includes interfacing with internal and external suppliers.
* Participate in the implementation of process improvements.
Skills and Experience Required:
* Comfortable in a rapidly changing, fast paced, early stage manufacturing and development environment.
* Demonstrated experience in production scheduling.
* Demonstrated experience with raw materials management.
* Demonstrated record of strong attention to detail.
* Proven ability to communicate effectively to all members of the organization (management, staff, skilled trades, operations) either individually or in groups.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and respond to rapidly changing priorities.
* Demonstrated aptitude with computers MES, SAP, Microsoft Word, and EXCEL.
Additional Experience Desired:
* Familiarity with SAP order management including launching, tracking, and closing completed production orders and raw material procurement.
* Familiarity and experience with process performance tracking.
* Capability with Microsoft PowerPoint, and documentation of investigations and findings.
* Fork truck license (or past experience that would allow license to be obtained).
* Demonstrated commitment to lean manufacturing.
Position Type: Full time, Monday Friday (days)
Working conditions: Primarily an office environment with occasional work in a warehouse setting which could involve standing, walking, bending, pulling and lifting up to 40 lbs.
Eastman Kodak Company (Kodak) is committed to providing a work environment that is free from unlawful discrimination and harassment in any form. It is Kodak s policy to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity in employment for all persons and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment. Kodak s policy is not to discriminate by reason of race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. In addition, in each country in which it operates, Kodak will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on any other factor.