Sign Lab Technician (FV)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Coastal Beverage Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSCHEDULE: Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives requests for marketing, for point of sale, point of purchase, and event or charity signage. Determines or creates graphics and layout to be used. Runs proof sheet and secures approval from supervisor. Prioritizes schedule of production and creates acceptable finished product according to deadline.
2. Creates or follows a layout to place computer-generated full color graphic image(s) on a predetermined substrate or medium. Ensures production rate consistency and maintains adherence to schedules. Informs supervisor of production or equipment problems that may delay or impact schedule. Performs finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed pieces. Performs quality assurance measures pre- and post-construction by accurately reading and interpreting a Work Order and then proofing for errors or unacceptable standards.
3. Operates PC graphic drawing, databases, word processing and spreadsheet programs to create and store signs, receive and send work orders, and generate signage reports.
4. Keeps accurate inventory of all Sign Lab supplies and materials. Replenishes Sign Lab supplies when needed to retain ample supply on hand following predetermined levels or with approval from supervisor.
5. Keeps accurate records of all orders and completed work. Supplies accurate weekly report of all completed work to supervisor for billing. Handles billing when needed and directed by supervisor.
6. Handles shipping arrangements for all orders requiring shipping, utilizing the low cost carrier that will deliver product on time to meet schedule requirements. Follows up with carriers to track lost or late shipments and contacts the customer to keep them informed of status.
7. Performs routine machine maintenance and minor repairs when necessary. Tracks ink usage, production time and other machine metrics to schedule preventative maintenance.
8. Utilizing safe material handling practices, unloads and stores raw materials. Cleans and maintains storage areas to prevent product damage and to keep aisles and walkways clear of debris. Keeps work area clean and free of clutter at all times to prevent injuries and accidents. Follows all safety precautions when using chemicals.
Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or 3+ years of similar related experience and/or training in graphic arts; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have excellent computer skills in areas including Microsoft Office products (pr