Signal Transformer - Inside Sales Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Bel
Bel (www.belfuse.com) has three divisions that are primarily engaged in the design, manufacture, and sale of products used in aerospace, data transmission, military, transportation, and consumer electronics. These three divisions include Magnetic Solutions (discrete components, power transformers and MagJack connectors with integrated magnetics), Power Solutions and Protection (AC-DC power supplies, DC-DC converters, custom designs, miniature, micro, surface mount and resettable fuses) and Connectivity Solutions (micro, circular, filtered D Sub, fiber optic, RF connectors, microwave components, passive jacks, plugs and cable assemblies). The Company operates facilities around the world, with over 60 years in the electronics industry.
Signal Transformer is celebrating over 50 years of manufacturing transformers, chokes, inductors and custom or modified standard products. Our commitment to quality is noted by its in-house ISO 17025 certified lab that enables us to participate in the CSA's Supervised Manufacturing Testing & Certification (SMTC) program. This program makes possible to certify and use the CSA /cCSAus mark on new designs within days. Signal Transformer also maintains a certification and RoHS compliance.
A revolutionary idea brought to fruition by the founders of Signal Transformer standardized the power conversion industry. Before this revolution, even the most simplistic transformer components were procured through complex channels. By offering a multitude of readily available design platforms that could be selected from a catalog and ordered with one phone call, Signal forever transformed the world. Expanding on this revolution, Signal Transformer soon led the industry with custom tailored design solutions through direct engineering support.
Today Signal offers not only the most comprehensive line of certified standard power conversion products, with our vast engineering, manufacturing and regulatory resources; Signal Transformer excels in the design and manufacturer of cost effective, specialized platforms.
Primary Objective of Position
This is a support role to the Outside Sales, Regional Account Managers, and Customer Service teams. Applicant must be a motivated self-starter with strong Excel and communication skills. In addition, he/she will be responsible to learn Signal's business practices and products to develop successful sales skills when calling on customers. He/she will also be responsible for preparing and analyzing business data reports which will be used to create opportunity leads.
Technical Job Functions
* Supports account managers with sales activities, as well as, working closely with engineering, purchasing, production and quality departments to track progress and expedite orders, quotes, samples and prototypes; then, follow-up with customers, reps, and distributors.
* Prepare, analyses, interpret, and data mine reports of business activities, both internal and external to Signal to generate leads for new, missed, and successful opportunities. Then, Initiate outbound lead follow-up calls to new, former, or existing customers by phone and email to qualify leads and sell products and services.
* Works closely with Customer Service department in order to ensure on time delivery and customer satisfaction while building, maintaining, and improving relationship with current customers. Handle inbound sales leads and convert into sales. Coordinate with relevant departments if any customer issues arise then see that they are resolved quickly.
* Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from distribution, ad inquiries, trade shows, dealer resellers, business directories, website, and other sources.
* Work with Outside Sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date; including entering and updating customer data into database.
* Participate in sales meetings, as well as, take and distribute detailed notes. Prepare verbal and/or written summary of weekly efforts, current projects, and any project concerns.
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong PowerPoint, Excel, and communication skills are a MUST, being a motivated self-starter a plus.
* Ability to create PowerPoint presentations, Excel reports, business correspondence, email correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and data mine general business reports external to Signal to generate sales leads. Create, analyze, and excavate business reports internal to Signal to produce sales leads.
* Ability to effectively and intelligently present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public both via phone and email.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. In addition, ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and margins.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in an office environment.
No calls or agencies please. Signal Transformer will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Signal Transformer is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.