Sim Lab/Heartcode Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
* Providing Simulation Lab instruction including demonstrations, guided practice and skill evaluation for nursing students.
* Developing and implementing high quality learning and assessment simulations.
* Evaluating the effectiveness of simulations as educational and assessment tools.
* Facilitating simulation scenario and student participation with debriefing sessions.
* Training simulation users in simulation activities, operation of patient simulators, audio-visual equipment, and their maintenance.
* Maintaining and updating course curricula to include simulation scenarios and training.
* Assisting in the development of new curricula that is supported by simulation activities.
* Preparing and utilizing lesson plans and coordinating congruency between the classroom and the simulation learning environment.
* Coordinating maintenance of patient simulators, part-task trainers, and virtual equipment.
* Conducting student evaluations and advising related to simulation lab.
* Assisting with the student remediation process with respect to skills.
* Assisting in the formulation of nursing program philosophy, objectives, and policy.
* Contributing toward professional growth through participation in faculty meetings, in-service workshops, cross training, meetings.
* Providing administrative support as required
* Assisting with instruction in Nursing Program when available.
* Must be a Registered Nurse; registered with the state of North Carolina.
* Associates degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
* Minimum of five years recent patient-side experience required.
* Prior teaching experience preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to organize and prioritize work flow; ability to work independently
* Computer skills a plus
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.