Simulation Lab Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSaint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Denver (estab.1873)
* Largest acute care provider in Denver area
* 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
* 371 beds
* New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Women and Infants
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Services
* Medical Imaging
* Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
* Surgical Care
* Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Manage the daily operations of the Simulation Lab at Saint Joseph Hospital under direction of the Director of Education and Chief of Academic Medicine. Assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate simulation educational activities that promote professional development and continuing competence of SJH health care providers and students. Support Graduate Medical Education, Nursing and ancillary departments at Saint Joseph Hospital.Will participate in the training of Medical Residents and Nurses by setting up simulation models in the skills lab, maintaining simulation equipment, completing requisitions for equipment purchase and maintenance, Co-Facilitate simulation exercises and debriefing activities.
* Manage daily activities, schedule, supplies and equipment for Simulation Lab.
* Create scenarios and support scenario development for simulation lab to encourage interactive learning.
* Set up classrooms and mock patient rooms for simulation learning events.
* Recommend and complete requisitions for equipment purchase and maintenance.
* Maintain simulation classrooms and equipment.
* Facilitate simulation exercises and debriefing activities.
* Collaborate with faculty physician leads and clinical educators to set up simulation models to be used in skills lab.
* Order and organize supplies to maintain fully operational simulation lab.
* Current license as Registered Nurse in State of Colorado or compact state (required)
* Bachelor's Degree (required). Master's Degree preferred.
* Basic Life Support certification (required)
* Certification in area of practice (preferred)
* Minimum of two years clinical experience.
* Previous experience with simulation education and program management (preferred).
SCL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.