Simulation Operation Specialist- Simulation Lab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
UT Soutwestern University Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Associate's degree in a related field and 18 months healthcare simulation experience required.
Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) certification preferred. Experience as an EMT, Paramedic, Registered Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Anesthesia Technician, AV field or healthcare technologist preferred.
1. Interacts with multiple disciplines to create trusting relationships across the healthcare industry.
2. Provides leadership in simulation operations and technology.
3. Develops, implements, delivers, and provides sustainment of various immersive multi-disciplinary learning opportunities and programming.
4. Aids in the prospectively error proofing our healthcare system through the in-situ simulation based Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA); serving as a correction action tool for Root Cause Analysis s (RCA) committee; and remedying gaps/near misses related to crisis resource management knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified by the institutional Code Blue Committee, Process Improvement Committee, Joint Commission Accreditation Committee, and executive leadership.
5. Operates, maintains, and supports the electronic human simulator and the equipment and equipment systems.
6. Supports the state-of-the-art educational and research missions of the institution.
7. Supervises and trains simulation team staff.
8. Develops technical proficiency with all aspects of the operation, maintenance, support, trouble-shooting, and repairs.
9. Responsible for maintenance of all equipment and timely ordering and availability of supplies.
10.Works with Information Resources department to maintain technical equipment that is used at the institution.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability..