Simulation Software Engineer 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: SIMULATION SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DIRECT HIRE / FULL TIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: KOKOMO, IN
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
* Collaborate with hardware, algorithm, and systemengineers on the design, development, and utilization of Active Safety sensor/systemsoftware.
* Modify/refactor existing C/C++ source code to improve software design, correct errors, adapt to new hardware, and increase performance.
* Create software to implement and evaluate the effectiveness of new algorithms in a wide range of disciplines such as radar signal processing, image processing, target tracking, state estimation, data fusion, statistics, and data management and visualization.
* Design and implement simulation and analysis tools from high-level functional specifications and apply these tools to analyze and document system/software performance versus technical requirements.
* Maintain and enhance existing Windows-based tools (C/C++/MFC) for data collection and visualization.
* Validate, document, deploy, and maintain internalsoftware products. Manage software source and releases using revision control.
* Support in-vehicle integration/debugging and on-road testing and data collection efforts.
* Work with other members of the global Active Safety team and with customers and suppliers world-wide.
* BSdegree in Computer Science, SoftwareEngineering, or related field
* Highly skilled in the use of C and C++ to create readable, reusable and efficient code
* Understanding of algorithms and data structures
* Good understanding of Object Oriented Design and the language constructs to support it
* Experience designing, implementing and testing engineering applications, libraries, APIs
* Proficient using Microsoft Visual Studio for development and debugging
* Experience with multi-threaded programming
* Experience with revision control tools such as Tortoise/SVN or Plastic SCM.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows 7/XP
* Self-motivated, critical thinker with good problem-solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience documenting software designs and architecture using Unified Modelling Language (UML).
* 2-8 years of experience in the full software development cycle (requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment)
* Proficient in MATLAB programming
* Experience with automotive CAN, FlexRay, and Ethernet communication protocols.
* Windows and Unix/Linux operating system knowledge
* Database development/programming
* Experience writing Microsoft Excel macros (Visual Basic)
* Experience working/interfacing with sensors in a robotics/automobile context
* Understanding of microcontroller architecture and I/O peripherals such as SPI, I2C, and UART.
* Matlab, CAN, FlexRay, and Ethernet communication protocols, C/C++