Simulator Maintenance Technician II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 3/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCAE is a global leader in delivery of training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. We design and integrate the industry's most comprehensive training solutions, anchored by the knowledge and expertise of our 8,000 employees, our world-leading simulation technologies and a track record of service and technology innovation spanning seven decades. Our global presence is the broadest in the industry, with 160 sites and training locations in 35 countries, including our joint venture operations, and the world's largest installed base of flight simulators. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers, as well as thousands of healthcare professionals. www.cae.com
Simulator Maintenance Technician II
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Applies comprehensive knowledge and experience to solve complex or system problems: those typically solved solely by reference to maintenance manuals or similar documents. Maintains to the highest level all training equipment in the Training Center. Supervisor may review work for general com pliance with accepted practices. May also provi de technical guidance and instruction to less proficient technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Perform corrective maintenance as required to maintain a minimum simulator availability of 98%.
* Perform corrective maintenance as required to maintain the multi-media classrooms in full working order.
* Perform scheduled preventive maintenance per the appropriate procedures for a particular training device.
* Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing processes to improve reliability and maintainability of the training devices.
* Perform operational daily tests (preflight) as required on the flight training devices.
* Assist Instructors and crews in operation of a particular training device.
* Assist in execution of FAA or equivalent certification tests
* Applies comprehensive technical knowl edge to solve complex problems, those typi cally solved by properly interpr eting mainte nance manuals or similar documents.
* Receives limited technical guid ance, as required, from supervisor or more proficient technician and work is reviewed for specific compliance with accepted practices and work assignments.
* Provides technical guidance to less proficient technicians.
* Capable of interpreting and working with computer systems utilizing various and multiple operating systems.
* Maintains required documentation of maintenance activities.
* Monitors and tracks the repair status of inoperative equipment and documents maintenance activities utilizing the logistics management data base system.
* Diagnoses malfunctions of computers and associated equipment and performs operability/readi ness tests and repair.
* Performs systems interface/fault isolation.
* Applies fundamental troubles hooting procedures in the maintenance of interfaces and peripheral equipment used with computers.
* Interprets mechanical, hydraulic, elec trical and electronic schematics and drawings and make simplified versions.
* Provides networking and information systems support on training devices and networks.
* Implements basic modifications to existing simulators.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* Position requires a Technical College Degree with 2 years of related experience in the maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and operation of full flight simulators or an equivalent combination of technical education related to electronics, electromechanical, computer, aviation or simulation technology
* Minimum of 4 years hands-on related work experience in the maintenance and operation of full flight simulators.
* Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Related skill areas should include technical writing and presentation skills.
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex word and technical documents/diagrams. Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Must be able to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs. Must fully understand Binary, Octal, Decimal, and Hexadecimal numbering systems.
Ability to interpret performance charts as related to aircraft/simulator data.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable. Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and drawings.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
* Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Work in flight simulators, maintenance area, classrooms, projection rooms, office areas, simulator high bays, shop floor, and hydraulic pump rooms
* Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds over head.
* Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit.
* Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top of or under the device.
* Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of simulators and its surrounding environment.
* Must be able to distinguish colors.
* Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock from moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure.
* Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, loud noises.
* Domestic and international travel as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA INC. IS AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER AND GIVES CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal