Simulator Technician 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 3/26/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCAE is a global leader in delivery of training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. We design and integrate the industry's most comprehensive training solutions, anchored by the knowledge and expertise of our 8,000 employees, our world-leading simulation technologies and a track record of service and technology innovation spanning seven decades. Our global presence is the broadest in the industry, with 160 sites and training locations in 35 countries, including our joint venture operations, and the world's largest installed base of flight simulators. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers, as well as thousands of healthcare professionals. www.cae.com
Simulator Technician 2
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Generate documentation for device/drawing corrections.
* Provide support during Hardware/Software Integration.
* Identify and implement changes to correct hardware deficiencies and test discrepancies.
* Support Manufacturing during tear down, pack, and ship phase.
* Support Manufacturing during initial phase of simulator installation at site.
* Support device power up and system checkout at site.
* Support On-site testing activities.
* May be assigned limited responsibility for simulator devices.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Associate s degree in a technically related field or equivalent
* 2-4 years experience in a related field with a minimum of 2 years in a simulator manufacturing environment.
* Ability to use company standard personal computer applications.
* Familiar with various simulator operating systems.
* Proven electronic component level troubleshooting experience
* Ability to read and interpret technical documents. Good written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Ability to make effective verbal and written presentations on technical topics to supervisor and peers.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
* Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
* Must have the ability to obtain a US Passport
* Extensive travel.
* Implement modifications to existing simulators.
* Provide limited Administrative and Off-device Technical assistance.
* Provide training to junior members of the department.
* Ability to work with little supervision.
* Shift and weekend work.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
* Will occasionally have to move items over 100 pounds with assistance.
* Ability to see clearly at close range.
* Must have color vision.
* Ability to climb ladders
* Will be working in areas with the risk of electrical shock, near moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure and in high precarious places.
* Will, at times, be exposed to the following environmental conditions: Extreme cold or heat, outdoor weather, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and loud noises.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WE ARE AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER AND GIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CAE is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professionnal working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.