Site Engineering Leader
IMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Site Engineering Leader is responsible for maintaining the Plant's competitive advantage through the use of technology. He/she interacts with other departments, divisions, and organizations to provide the optimal use of technology to meet business objectives, savings opportunities and operating requirements. He/she manages engineering personnel and capital resources within the plant to achieve technical objectives. In addition, he/she is responsible for facility-wide environmental permitting/reporting, emergency and crisis planning, and safety and OHSA requirements as they relate to capital expenditures and engineering specifications. The Manager - Engineering must also be able to develop and deliver on a strategic plan that moves the business forward.
* Develop and implement strategic plan for manufacturing and capital investment to maintain the facility's position as a world-class food manufacturer.
* Responsible for the preparation and administration of annual capital budget.
* Provide technical and project management expertise to ensure successful completion of all capital initiatives.
* Initiate capital projects leveraging technology to deliver breakthrough and innovative solutions in support of the plants long-term strategic plans.
* Administer the plant's environmental programs including permitting and reporting. Plant representative for Federal and State environmental officials.
* Direct management of available and fixed assets.
* Maintain qualified engineering staff to support manufacturing and capital initiatives. Promote personal and professional development.
* Direct management of available and fixed assets.
* Prepare and manage annual department expense budget.
* Determine methods for integration of new manufacturing systems into current plant infrastructure to minimize capital investment and time to market. Lead multi-functional team to ascertain new manufacturing requirements for infrastructure, production equipment, utilities, ingredients, and process controls. Coordinate plant/corporate engineering, vendor, and consultant resources in delivering cost effective solutions and insure the delivery of the project budget, schedule, and vertical start-up. Provide final technical approval and recommendation.
* Lead the development of the long term facility master plan to address infrastructure and manufacturing system capabilities to meet the business needs.
* Develop strategies with Corporate Engineering, Legal representatives and environmental consultants to ensure environmental compliance. Interface with government regulatory agencies.
* Identify and deliver productivity projects required to meet plant manufacturing objectives. Work with interdepartmental teams to identify cost savings opportunities and resources the projects as required to deliver the expected results in support of the broader plant goals.
* Provide technical leadership and continuity to the manufacturing strategy and maintain linkage with the NA Engineering team to leverage best practices.
* Leverage best practices including the Engineering Project Delivery Process.
* Bachelor's degree required; discipline in Engineering desired. Master's degree in Engineering or MBA strongly preferred
* Minimum of 10 years Engineering experience required with prior managerial/supervisory experience.
* Plant Maintenance experience is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED:
* In-depth knowledge of all aspects of plant operations.
* Excels in developing strategic goals and integration of diverse initiatives.
* Able to direct and lead others to produce desired results.
* Effective planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and assignments.
* Capacity to approach problems effectively and creatively.
* In depth knowledge of TPM (Total Productive Manufacturing) is preferred
* Possess effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
* Continuous improvement mindset.
* Experienced team player that brings cohesion, enthusiasm and energy to group efforts.
* Business and financial acumen as it relates to plant operations
* Normal food processing plant environment
* Limited travel
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.