Site Lead 9/1/2016
Fort Riley, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and Business Intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries including, multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Site Lead, III Corps MTC Support
Status: Contingent Pending Contract Award
Location: Ft. Riley, KS
Site Manager for one of the 5 Mission Training Complex (MTC) locations within III Corps MTC Contract. As Site Lead for the installation MTC, is responsible for the performance of work at that installation and has appropriate corporate decision-making authority to effectively respond to task order requirements. Works collaboratively and in concert with the Task Order Manager and the installation MTC Chief in direct support of the training and technical missions. SMs shall be available during normal operating hours within 45 minutes of notification to meet in person or by phone with the Government site leads, and/or KO. The duties of the Site Managers are not envisioned to be full time, therefore anticipate the Site Manager will be dual hatted as Training Team / Exercise Lead for their specific installation.
Site Managers apply technical knowledge of training, exercises, simulations, LVC integration, resource management, and program management best practices to direct program activities. Manages employees and first-level managers / team leaders for technical, networking, simulations, training, and exercise-development. Develops and executes integrated plans, policies and procedures and provides input on business and technical strategies, goals, objectives. Acquires resources, provides technical management of subcontractors, and leads process improvements. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with government customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports. Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages, develops and motivates employees and first-level managers. Develops and manages complex, exercise and training event project plans and deliverables. Manages the incorporation of quality management systems for contract requirements. Monitors deliverables to ensure compliance with quality standards. Identifies and provides recommendations on resource allocation. Provides leadership and guidance on the development of exercise support plans. Leads activities to identify risks and develop mitigation plans. Identifies need for externally-provided products and services for complex, enterprise-wide projects. Coordinates and oversees all contract personnel on site, to include subcontractors.
Provide liaison and direct support to the III Corps Installation MTC Technical Director (Department of the Army Civilian) responsible for exercise technical design, planning, and execution of individual training, staff drills, and small unit, battalion, and brigade, exercises. As required, provide technical support and backup to higher-level exercises to include division and corps-level Warfighter Exercises (WFXs).
* Lead a contract staff team responsible for technical support to training and exercises at designated III Corps MTC installation. This may include supporting individual training, mission command system training, collective staff training, game-based virtual training environments, and larger exercises for Army battalions and brigades, to include brigade combat teams, functional and multi-functional brigades, expeditionary sustainment commands and sustainment brigades.
* Provide innovative technical support to the development and delivery of After Action Review products and services.
* Develop and maintain staff cross-functional expertise and employ resources using non-linear methodologies.
* Train and develop multi-disciplined capability in subordinate staff.
* Sustain staff relevancy through on-line training, research, and networking across the FORSCOM/TRADOC/NETCOM community of practice.
* Primary duty is at assigned installation (Fort Hood, TX, Fort Bliss, TX, Fort Carson, CO, Fort Sill, OK, or Fort Riley, KS). Estimated less than 25% travel requirement CONUS/OCONUS.
* Perform other duties as assigned in general support of the III Corps MTC Task Order or the MTCCS contract.
This is a contingent position based on contract award and receipt of funding from the customer.
Required Education and Experience:
* A BS or BA degree from an accredited institution
* Subject matter expert in models and simulations; former Army FA 57 highly desirable
* Background and experience with Military training and training support
* Experience in operations and training requirements at division or higher level
* Background in training management
* Full understanding of the Army Mission Command Training Support Program (MCTSP)
* Minimum of ten (10) years of supervisory experience
* SECRET clearance
* Served as either a battalion or brigade commander or S3
* Graduate of Command and General Staff College or equivalent level military schooling.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* 5 years experience working in US Army integrated training environments, to include VBS-3/Army Games for Training, JLCCTC or JNTC federations, Army Low Overhead Training Tools, and stimulation of Army Mission Command Systems.
* 5 years experience working with technology integration and information flow including LAN/WAN, firewalls, security, storage, and backup methodologies.
* Baseline certification for Information Assurance Management; experience with DIACAP Certification and Accreditation procedures
* Meet DOD 8570.01-M requirements.
* SECRET clearance; TOP SECRET eligible