Site Manager - Metrology Lab - Charlotte, NC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/3/2017
Carl Zeiss Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Site Manager - Zeiss Metrology Services has primary responsibility for the safe, efficient, and profitable operation of a ZMS center. As such, the Manager is responsible for coordinating all activities related to customer contracted inspection services, programming services, training services and turnkey solutions with equipment sales assigned to the center. Equipment and personnel availability, response time and customer satisfaction are key success criteria for each service center. and as such this position may require flexibility to work different shifts and weekends in order to meet customer demands. This position demands an entrepreneurial orientation and an ability to rapidly innovate new service products and processes to drive fast revenue growth and productivity.
SITE MANAGER - METROLOGY LAB - CHARLOTTE, NC
* Works closely with the Business Manager to develop and execute a strategic plan (RPP) to rapidly grow the contract inspection business at the respective center.
* Drives positive developments in productivity and utilization by creating and applying innovative process improvements. Insures utilization of Zeiss productivity tools (e.g. Quick change tooling and fixturing, offline programming, MCC and PiWeb, etc.)
* Prepares the technical content for proposals (including cost) such that the sales managers can deliver quotes within 24 hours of request.
* Reviews jobs with customer prior to job start. (Checklist to be included in job network drive).
* Maintains a network based master schedule (resources & equipment).
* Has a thorough operational knowledge of each piece of measurement equipment in the lab.
* Works side-by-side with other metrology services personnel as necessary to insure on time deliveries and customer satisfaction.
* Assists Lab Engineers & Technicians as necessary to ensure jobs are completed on time. This might include creating and/or executing Calypso measurement plans.
* Maintains a record of budgeted costs versus actual costs (on a per project basis).
* Schedules and/or attends meetings to review job progress and ensure customer satisfaction.
* Coordinates service repairs, maintenance and calibrations for lab equipment used for the business.
* Ensures the network based customer job file is organized and complete (Cad files, Drawings, Quote, PO. Job Checklist, meeting minutes).
* Maintains an organized and safe working environment - especially as it relates to radiation safety.
* Reviews project results with customers in person or via web meetings as needed.
* Must ensure the site meets the guidelines established by the Zeiss Quality Management System and passes the scrutiny of auditors.
* Over time develops & executes a plan to achieve and maintain A2LA lab accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025.
* 2 years hands-on metrology lab experience, with direct reports.
* A four year degree in engineering, math, or physics is preferred.
* Ability to read engineering drawings for dimensional control requirements
* Ability to operate a Zeiss coordinate measuring machine including programming using Zeiss application software; setup and staging of work pieces; accuracy and repeatability verification; etc.
* Strong computer skills and affinity for computer aided data analysis products
* Must have strong problem solving skills with the ability to learn independently to find solutions to potential customer s problem
* Driven to build a fast growing, innovative business and to meet or exceed expectations of management, customers and employees.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to drive change via process improvement and positive motivation.
* Ability to lift 50lbs from floor to table height
* Ability to work flexible hours (nights and weekends)
* Ability to reason and negotiate complex problems with customers.
* Must be a team player across the organization.
* Ability & willingness to travel in the USA and internationally (15%-30%).
With just under 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for over 165 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Zeiss Industrial Metrology