Site Materials Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
The Materials Manager is responsible for Shipping, Receiving, Warehousing, Inventory Management as well as site Scheduling, Capacity Planning and On Time Delivery for a large, world-class manufacturer of products. The Materials Manager will ensure the timely and accurate receipt, put-away, issuance and movement of material to meet shop floor and customer requirements. In addition, the Materials Manager is accountable for the execution of all policies, procedures, systems and tools in support of site and corporate Materials Management goals, objectives and key initiatives. This includes but is not limited to, Standard Factory, Line Back Logistics, Plan For Every Part (PFEP) and other inventory reduction activities.
* Ensure valid Master Production Schedule (MPS) plans are developed per standard policies and procedures and aligned with customer demand, inventory targets and delivery expectations.
* Analyze inventory to ensure accurate and optimal levels are maintained, slow moving and obsolete inventory is identified and dispositioned timely and inventory turns objectives are met or exceeded.
* Direct site capacity planning to ensure human capital and equipment availability in support of current and forecasted customer demand
* Manage inbound and outbound site logistics and implement strategies for effective material movement and on time delivery to internal and external customers.
* Implement, track and report on key performance indicators and drive correct action to close performance gaps.
* Lead the Materials Management staff, responsible for goals setting, performance appraisals, hiring, training and development of the team. The team consists of 4 direct reports and 20 indirect.