Site Merchandiser Outdoor Equipment - ReqCode 16000DLK
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Dick's Sporting Goods
The Site Merchandiser owns the merchandising of the Outdoor Equipment category on the DSG website, driving online sales and conversion. Each Site Merchandiser will partner with a Department Merchandising Manager (DMM) to optimize online merchandising to grow sales and maximize margin & inventory turn in alignment with category and overall eCommerce strategies. He/she will translate the in-store category and overall eCommerce strategy and incorporate into the online experience, including the visual display of the category pages and category-specific taxonomy, navigation and search experience. This role will have significant influence on the business strategy and assortment buys. The Site Merchandiser will also manage site promotions and creative, as well as partner with other Site Merchandisers to build site wide campaign experiences. He/she studies customer needs and creates differentiated online shopping experiences for unique customer segments, with a strong focus on customers who interact with DSG across multiple channels by incorporating emerging omnichannel capabilities (e.g. mobile, in-store pickup). He/she assesses the competitive landscape by examining merchandising strategies of key competitors and best-in-class online retailers to understand emerging online trends and recommends changes to the online category strategy based on customer and competitor insights; brand and vendor strategies; analysis of KPIs (e.g., sales, conversion, in-stock levels, and assortment alignment) and category or product-specific promotions.
He/she will manage and develop Associate Site Merchandisers. He/she partners with eCommerce Marketing on digital marketing campaigns and Product Management on SEO efforts to optimize search-related traffic. The Site Merchandiser will interact with third-party web providers and the eCommerce product management team to resolve website issues and recommend website developments that would benefit the merchandising of their category and the DSG website. Site Merchandisers will collaborate with the content team to ensure product setup aligns with the category merchandising strategy. He/she may manage special initiatives assigned by the Site Merchandising Manager (e.g., Holiday planning and execution, Site Wide Campaigns, Cross-functional initiatives in alignment with DSG's overall brand and offline marketing strategy).
Success will be measured by achieving plans for category merchandise plan sales, conversion and customer satisfaction ratings. Additionally, will be accountable for margin and inventory turn analysis to recommend additional pricing and promotional activity to manage business.
QualificationsJob Duties & Responsibilities:
Optimizes category online merchandising strategy
* Partners with DMM, eCommerce and Marketing Teams to optimize category online strategy for growing sales while maximizing margin and inventory turn.
* Translates in-store category strategy and overall eCommerce strategy into online experience; including decisions that improve product page views and conversion rates and impact category & family pages (e.g. which products to highlight, creative to launch), product pages (e.g. which attributes must be listed), and online taxonomy, navigation, & sorting functions.
* Formulates category strategies in creating differentiated omnichannel and website shopping experiences for key customer segments, leveraging a deep understanding of key customer needs.
* Examines category merchandising strategies of key competitors and best-in-class online retailers to understand emerging online trends and web developments.
* Recommends changes (e.g., promotions) to online category strategy based on customer and competitive insights, understanding of brand and vendor strategies, DSG company initiatives.
* Provides input on category's online assortment plan and online assortment alignment strategy (vs. in-store assortment)
* Customizes product attribution as necessary to enhance product pages and drive conversion
* Responsible for reviewing preview site and pushing live products online.
Executes category site promotions and analytics
* Executes daily and weekly site promotions and tab advertising preparations.
* Recommends changes (e.g. assortments, promotions, pricing action) of category online strategy to leadership on weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis based on results of site analytics & promotional review (will perform adhoc analysis in Omniture, micro-strategy and KPI).
* Bids for homepage and email space to increase visibility during peak season.
Ensures alignment of category online strategy with eCommerce efforts
* Manages and develops Associate Site Merchandisers (Note: Associate Site Merchandiser for a specific category is dependent on number of styles, product complexity, and seasonal demand).
* Partners with Content Managers to align on content strategy (i.e. appropriate quality and quantity of copy, images, and attribution) to maximize sales, margin and turn.
* Partners with eCommerce Marketing on digital marketing campaigns (Direct Mail, Email, Social Media) to maximize Omni-channel messaging and Product Management on site enhancements, SEO and SEM team to optimize search-related traffic.
* Based on merchant input, and competitor analysis, advises eCommerce Product Management team and third-party web provider on improvements to webstore experience and reports back progress of website developments.
* Manages 'special projects' (e.g., Fan Shop, Clearance Shop, Holiday Gifting Shop, SEM, SEO) assigned by Site Merchandising Manager.
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Related Field
* 7-10 years
* 3-5 years of buying, planning or web retail merchandising experience
* Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
* Microsoft Access
* Omniture or Web Analytics Tools (Preferred)
* Content Management System (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Business acumen
* Customer-service oriented
* Strong interpersonal and client consultation skills
* Self-motivated and results oriented
* Strong presentation skills
* Problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
* Execution skills
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment
* In-depth analytical skills
* Strong detail orientation
* Superior organizational abilities
* Experience managing to sales and margin goals, as well as analyzing website metrics and optimizing merchandising to drive sales
* Able to work independently with little supervision
* Deep understanding of how customers shop online and in what ways that differs from their in-store shopping experience and habits
* Experience working with buying and planning organizations
* Able to work collaboratively across functional groups, yet willing to challenge merchandising decisions that do not align with eCommerce strategy