Site Services Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
VWR International, Inc
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Coordinator is responsible for carrying out basic tasks at a customer site or multiple customer sites in a region. Tasks include but not limited to, inventory management, purchasing, shipping, receiving, chemical tracking, storeroom tracking, and product delivery. The Coordinator position requires knowledge and application of VWR and routine customer systems. Reporting and customer interaction is typically of a routine nature. Must be cognizant of and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Performs inventory management related functions such as monitoring slow moving and dead inventory, conduct cycle counting, yearly physical inventories, and reporting.
* Provides daily customer service functions and communicates with the customer relative to inventory management.
* Performs purchasing functions including but not limited to: back order reporting and expediting, direct factory shipments, 3rd party support, managing quotes, document control, records maintenance, and resolving open invoices or pricing issues.
* Responsible for all customer service related functions including but not limited to: order entry, reporting, maintaining metrics, and cost savings tracking.
* Performs shipping coordination activities such as shipping customer material, handling routine issues, operating basic warehouse equipment, entering shipping information into the customer computer system, and equipment inspections.
* Responsible for handling hazardous material and preparing shipping documentation and packaging requirements.
* Interfaces directly with customer point of contact, purchasing directors, facility directors and plant managers.
* Responsible for managing consigned, non-consigned, customer owned or 3rd party inventory.
* Utilizes VWR and basic customer computer systems (SAP, Citrix, Intranet, VWR+, ChemSW, and customer specific systems) in fulfillment of job duties.
* Meets goals and objectives: safety, performance and quality.
* Creates programs for enhanced service efficiencies.
* Interfacing with VWR Sales force and manufacture representatives.
* Documents change management.
* Updating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
Experience & Skills:
* Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances
* Knowledge of Information intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
* Solid understanding and experience in either shipping, inventory, or purchasing
* Excellent Customer Service Skills; displays a professional can do attitude
* High regard for safety, quality and adherence to protocols, policies and procedures
* Ability to self-manage and self-motivate; forward thinking
* Ability to prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
* Knowledge of scientific products and services a plus
* Ability to communicate effectively with both the customer and internal contacts
* Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
* High school diploma or GED required or equivalent experience
* 2+ years experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
* Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to Know a plus
* Cross referencing and inside sales experience a plus
* Knowledge of scientific products and services a plus
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .