This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
Are you looking for a growing company with great benefits and future opportunities* Allied Universal, North America's leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal's many success stories.
If you're passionate about keeping people safe, have a great work ethic, and are dependable, then we want to talk to you.
We proudly support the Veterans Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hiring a total of one million military Veterans.
Allied Universal seeks an enthusiastic, passionate Security Supervisor - Post Commander. To demonstrate success in this role, you must have proven leadership skills to build and optimize our team at this prestigious location! We seek leaders that inspire the best from their employees and have the ability and desire to mentor, train, and help their staff grow! If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team! In managing this on-site security force, the Security Supervisor - Post Commander provides the leadership, direction, guidelines and procedural framework within which the staff will operate.
The responsibilities for the Security Supervisor - Post Commander include, but are not limited to, the following:
* The close supervision of the security personnel on-site.
* The management of the security program.
* Be the day-to-day liaison between the Property Manager and Universal Protection Service.
* Must have management, supervisory, communicative and interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to be flexible and operate on an "emergency/on-call basis".
Qualified applicants for the Site Supervisor position will meet the minimum requirements , as described below.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes preferred.
* For positions that require driving, qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
* Minimum 3 5 years of professional-level security industry experience required.
* Prior experience in the law enforcement, military and/or customer service highly desired.
* Prior supervisory experience required.
* Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of the security industry a plus. Some client sites may have specific requirements, such as high-rise building security experience, that will be required in addition to any company specifications.
* Must possess a valid Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment, if required for the state in which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* Additionally, as a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of BSIS Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software and email a considerable plus.
* Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
* Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
* Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
* Ability to train and coach others, and to effectively enforce post orders, security standards and company policies equitably and consistently.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
* The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and may drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs, ladders or ramps on a regular basis. May require periodic running. Must be able to perform these duties in the event of a
* security or emergency situation and be able to take a leadership role in assisting others to perform these functions.
* The job is generally performed in various environments, including outdoors, in parking structures, and in office settings, and the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for extended periods of time.
* The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
* The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
* Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
* Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Southeast - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days