Skilled General Labor
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
With supervision, assists the various crafts workers in the performance of their work within a particular construction work area and in accordance with generally accepted standards of the craft.
* May mix cement, using hoe or concrete mixing machine.
* Load, transport, unload and furnish experienced craft worker with materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
* Clean work area and restock supplies and materials as necessary.
* Rigging of mobile and stationary scaffolding on structures in accordance with corporate guidelines.
* May assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of materials and workpieces during installation.
* May perform minor maintenance or cleaning activities of journeyman's tools and equipment.
* Perform other routine duties as directed by supervisor.
* May remove rough or defective spots from concrete using grinder, hammer, and/or chisel. May patch holes.
Workers should be able to:
* Follow specific directions; perform a variety of duties which may often change; work within standards of accuracy; repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure; evaluate information using measurable standards.
* Identify existing and predictable hazards to work surroundings, including working conditions that are unsanitary, hazardous or dangerous to employees and immediately report same to direct supervisor.
* Must be able to demonstrate sufficient reading, writing and math skills to comprehend and explain company safety policies and material instruction.
* Communicates effectively with fellow workers.
* Physically, workers must be able to stand or walk for long periods; lift and carry materials weighing 50 pounds or more; climb ladders, scaffolds and other objects carrying tools and equipment; and see (naturally or with correction).
* An ability to work at heights, extreme temperatures and to wear company's safety equipment is essential.
* Possess skills required to perform concrete and/or masonry restoration tasks including concrete patching, tuckpointing, brick replacement, caulking is preferred.
* Practical construction experience preferred.
* Candidates could be requested to provide own "hand tools of the trade."
* May be required to work weekends, nights, out of town and at heights.
* Must have reliable transportation.
Licenses and/or certification may be required for specific tools and equipment, vehicles,
Foreman opportunities may be available based on experience
*Western Adheres to a Drug Free Workplace
EOE M/F/V/D - E- Verify