This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Bretton Woods, NH
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Snowmakers make snow, maintain snowmaking equipment and maintain the ski slopes.
* Shovel snow, performing snow removal around snowmaking equipment and other areas around the resort as needed.
* Maintain all safety barriers, padding and guards around snowmaking equipment.
* Work SAFELY in close proximity to heavy equipment, high voltage, and high water pressures.
* Maintain a clean workplace and all other facilities used.
* Operate and maintain various types of snowmaking equipment.
* Relocate and set up various types of portable snowmaking equipment.
* General knowledge of groomer operations and grooming process/expectations.
* Must be able to operate and monitor snowmaking system.
* Perform maintenance on ski lifts, snowmaking equipment, pumps, snowmobiles, snow groomers and other equipment as necessary.
* Trouble shoots and repair equipment as necessary.
* Develop and maintain a log of equipment maintenance / repair preformed.
* Perform inspections on equipment to insure safe / optimum performance.
* Use of power tools, specialty tools and equipment, tractors, snow removal equipment, and mowing equipment.
* Prioritize tasks to be completed during work shift without direct supervision.
* Assist with daily ski operations to include, lift attendant, snow grooming and all other duties assigned.
* 1-3 months mechanical or related training/experience preferred, but not required
* Must be 18 years of age.
* Must be willing to work 12 hour shifts.
* Must be able to work 7am - 7pm or 7pm - 7am.
* Must be attentive to detail.
* Must have the ability to adapt to unexpected situations.
* Must be able to remain calm and portray a friendly demeanor in stressful situations.
* Subject to working in a crowded, fast paced environment.
* Subject to long periods in adverse weather conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: