This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONDIRECTOR OF DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA
GOLIN LA is seeking a dynamic, experienced digital marketing leader to develop and execute social media strategy for the agencys top clients. The DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL should be a big ideas thinker who will lead an exciting, high-performing team responsible for strategy, content creation, community management, paid amplification, measurement and digital design and development. This individual will guide clients through the ever-evolving social/digital media landscape, advising on social media-centric initiatives and directing a seasoned staff of social media specialists.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
* 8 years of digital and/or social media marketing leadership experience preferably including experience in an agency environment working on automotive or gaming accounts
* Excellent consultative and relationship-building skills working with senior-level communications and marketing business leaders
* Ability to collaborate and integrate across digital, social media and PR teams to produce break-through results
* Proven success in driving creative, integrated social/digital campaigns from concept to execution and reporting
* Demonstrated proficiency in developing and presenting compelling and business results-focused social media strategy
* Superb execution and management skills: the ability to allocate resources effectively, structure and direct teams to deliver excellent, complex programs on time, on budget with high quality
* Experience with analyzing and reporting engagement metrics, working across the various reporting tools, utilizing data to drive content strategy
* Proven experience overseeing social media community management teams, acting as a mentor to staffers and collaborating with colleagues across teams, offices and geographies
* Expertise and experience at the intersection of paid, owned and earned media in social campaign orchestration
* Passion and deep knowledge about the social media landscape - demonstrated thought leadership in the space a plus
* Ability to build a team culture that's innovative and enables team members careers to thrive
* Demonstrated strong knowledge of pop-culture and related emerging trends
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Manage the big picture strategy and execution of cutting edge social/digital programs
* Develop, communicate, and oversee the strategic plan to build the Nintendo brand
* Provide senior-level partnership and counsel to the client-side head of social media
* Provide insight on emerging trends and social media developments
* Develop strategies to Attract New Customers, Build Loyalty and Encourage Advocacy
* Oversee all aspects of social media execution and account management
* Ensure quality of work and flawless execution
* Provide leadership in issues mitigation and crisis management on social media
* Identify cutting-edge tools and techniques to help support business objectives, advance storytelling and drive engagement
* Mentor, motivate, manage and develop the social media team and external partners
* Design and implement social media campaigns that integrate with other marketing communications to deliver holistic programming that wins in the marketplace
* Create and execute accurate budget estimates for clients for long-term and short-term programs
* Provide insight on how to utilize real-time marketing to create valuable and sharable content as part of an always-on strategy
* Take broad campaign concepts and strategy and translate them into meaningful, actionable social media operating plans
* Identify ways to measure success against the campaign goals and achievable outcomes, determine methods to collect and present data and analysis to clients as well as internal stakeholders
* Oversee content production from concept to execution
* Oversee community management to maximize engagement and advocacy for brands
* Oversee web platform development from concept to execution (all social channels and mobile apps, in addition to brand microsites, corporate websites.
ABOUT GOLIN DIGITAL:
We inspire and create change through digital experiences. To us, interaction is more than the click of a mouse or the swipe of a finger: it is an expression of emotion. We believe emotion drives every digital behavior and our work creates natural, frictionless ways for people to express themselves. On the devices they rely on, in the channels they spend time, and for the everyday things theyre passionate about.
WHO WE ARE:
At Golin, we possess the power to inspire and create change. By embracing new technologies and pushing creative boundaries, we help our clients adapt and win in a constantly changing world.
With our revolutionary g4 model, teams in 50 offices across the globe deliver the deepest insights, boldest ideas and broadest engagement to the worlds leading brands through seamless integrated communications.
For nearly 60 years, weve helped clients like McDonalds, Unilever, Toyota and Nintendo of America Go All In and commit to bravery over mediocrity. Find out how at www.golin.com. Watch our video here: http://vimeo.com/110792476
Golin is a holistic communications firm designed and built to win in a complex digital world.
RECENT ACCOLADES INCLUDE:
* 2016 INTERNATIONAL AGENCY OF THE YEAR, PRWEEK
* 2014 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles
* 2013 Consultancy of the Year, PRWeek
* 2013 Large Firm of the Year, PR News
* 2013 Top Places to Work in PR, PR News
* 2013 Agency of the Year, The Holmes Report
* 2013 Large Agency of the Year, The Holmes Report
* 2013 UK Consultancy of the Year, The Holmes Report
* 2013 Healthcare Consultancy of the Year, Virgo HEALTH PR, The Holmes Report
* 2013 Gold Interpublic Group Inclusion Award | Multicultural Agency/ Practice of the Year
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Golin recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.