Social Media Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location:
BIC products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
The Social Media Associate will support the Digital Marketing Manager and focus on capitalizing BIC s social brand presence and streamlining measurement within BIC s social channels. The candidate will have a sound and functional understanding of all social platforms, well versed in social media best practices and a solid understanding of social measurement. The team member will work with marketing team and agency partners to continuously elevate BIC s social IQ. The new hire must be able to work independently, thoroughly analyze data and implement actionable insights.
* Provide thought leadership on BIC s social strategy (at the brand level)
* Evaluate and recommend the optimal social media strategy by identifying channels, appropriate levels of support and assisting with the brands content strategy
* Work in partnership with our agencies to analyze social data to measure the impact of social engagement and identify KPIs to monitor
* Continuously conduct competitive research and benchmarking to help identify platform recommendations
* Utilize social listening tools and strong data analysis to help inform and influence our social approach
* Utilize native social media platform reporting tools (Facebook/Instagram Insights) to better understand our audience
* Deliver informed recommendations and create actionable optimizations to generate efficiencies
* Evaluation of the current messaging/content approach, publishing schedules and ongoing engagement
* Assist to create, implement and refine social media strategies and tactical executions
* Help identify potential influencers that align with the BIC brands
* Act as the social platform expert within the marketing team and assist with campaign development, budgeting, helping to identify new opportunities with emerging platforms, products and industry developments
* BA/BS required; Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations degree preferred
* 3-5 years experience in a Social/Digital media role; digital agency experience is preferred
* Demonstrable, hands-on social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
* Knowledge and understanding of social specific KPI s and familiarity with social listening tools (Sysomos, Spreadfast, Oracle, Netbase, etc.)
* Strong knowledge of online marketing and measurement opportunities
* Ability to effectively organize and analyze social data, and recommend adjustments based on insights
* Sharp data management and analytical skills
* SEO and SEM experience is a plus
* Ability to work independently while ensuring multiple priorities are balanced
* Ability to coordinate with other departments and functions as a part of a multi-functional team
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
BIC offers a competitive salary, health insurance and 401(k). Successful candidates are required to pass a drug test and undergo a security check.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Drug-Free Workplace.