Social Svcs Clinician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 09727-42935
RESEARCH PSYCHIATRIC CENTER KANSAS CITY, MO
SOCIAL SERVICES CLINICIAN
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA Midwest Health. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Kidney & Pancreas Transplant Institute, Heart Care, Neuroscience Institute and Women s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
RESEARCH PSYCHIATRIC CENTER is currently looking for a SOCIAL SERVICES CLINICIAN
* Provides professional therapeutic services to behavioral health patients on a designated unit in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of Research Psychiatric Center.
* Participates in the multidisciplinary treatment team plan of care.
* Works collaboratively with members of the health care team, maintains a safe environment, and provides patient and family education.
* Social Services Clinician is responsible for psychosocial assessments, individual, group and family therapy, discharge planning/case management service, crisis intervention and liaison services with referral sources and other departments within the hospital.
* Demonstrates competency to provide age appropriate care to adolescent patients (12-18 years of age), adult patients (18 and older, including geriatric patients age 55 years+).
* Master's degree in Social Work or Counseling from an accredited university.
* Current Missouri licensure (LCSW, LPC or LMFT) or LMSW or PLPC and under supervision of licensure within 90 days of employment; or have successfully completed a graduate internship at Research Psychiatric Center and will obtain LMSW or PLPC in order to begin clinical supervision hours within 90 days of hire.
* Prior experience working with a psychiatric mental health population, preferably in an inpatient setting. Prefer experience with case management, discharge planning, group leadership skills, age specific growth and development, crisis and behavior management, family therapy theory and practice.
Last Edited: 08/18/2016