Social Worker Care Coordinator-Case Managment
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Rush University Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Are you an eXPERIENCED LICENSED SOCIAL WORKER passionate about improving the patient experience by promoting services at a renowned medical center*
If so, you may be the right candidate for the SOCIAL WORKER CARE COORDINATOR position!
The Care Coordinator (CC) works with physician practices and inpatient teams to promote advancement of the plan of care, effective utilization of resources, and coordinated care/services for patients to achieve goals of care.
The CC functions as a liaison between patients, physician practices, the hospital, and the community to ensure patients continuity of care needs are met.
The CC contributes to the team s effectiveness by reviewing plans of care, identifying internal and external barriers and assessing patients psychosocial, financial, clinical and anticipated post discharge needs throughout the continuum of care.
* Function as an expert clinical practitioner within the team and serve as a resource to assigned physician practice groups and the health care team. Share professional expertise as a social worker and serve as a resource to manage socially complex cases.
* Provide and coordinate social services to patients and their families. Assess patient s basic and in-depth psychosocial needs, including any relevant financial, cultural, and family issues. Conduct care conferences with patients and families in order to facilitate and educate in support of recommended treatment plans and healthy outcomes. Develop and implement discharge plans. Lead patient and/or family groups.
* Serve as a liaison between referring entities, physicians, health care team, patient and families to promote coordinated services and continuity of care. Promote customer relations and satisfaction among patients, families, physicians, external case managers, payors, vendors, and inpatient staff.
* Provide assessment of patients health care needs, monitor patients progress, and confer with physician practice group and health care team regarding variances from the anticipated plan of care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Current license in Illinois as Licensed Social Worker (LSW or LCSW).
* Masters in Social Work required
* 3-4 years experience as a health care provider for the adult and/or geriatric patient, and expert knowledge in psychiatry social work process and services, case management, discharge planning, social service, and criteria application
* Case management experience and certification preferred.
* Ability to perform all job components and serve as a team resource for socially complex cases within professional expertise as a Social Worker.
* Demonstrated leadership ability, ability to perform tasks independently, to manage priorities and to collaborate with others and to achieve outcomes.
* Demonstrates independent critical thinking and analytical skills and competency related to information systems and windows technology.
Rush's new 14-story hospital is the cornerstone of the Rush Transformation, an ongoing effort to build new facilities, renovate existing buildings and adopt new technology.
Rush University Medical Center is a four time Magnet designated facility located in Chicago, IL www.rush.edu
Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 676 licensed beds
Rush University Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.