Social Worker Care Manager PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Wheat Ridge, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Wheat Ridge, CO (estab. 1905)
* Community-based, acute care hospital, Level III Trauma Center
* 2,100 associates, 900 physicians, 600 volunteers
* 338 beds
Services & Expertise
* 5-Star Birthing Center
* Breast Care Center (NAPBC accredited)
* Bridges Integrative Health & Wellness
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Heart & Neurovascular
* Primary Stroke Center
* Robotic Surgery
* Senior ER, Behavioral Health & Surgery
* Sleep Center
* Spine Center
* Women & Family Center
Kudos: Lutheran is recognized for quality, safety & patient experience by Truven, the Joint Commission & more!
The Social Worker provides services to respond to the emotional needs of patients and their families. This employee also assists with patient admissions and the referral process.
* As part of the admission process, meet with the patient and family to review policies on advanced directives, patient rights and non-discrimination.
* Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of patient problems/ needs. Meet with appropriate facility staff concerning patient issues. Provide social work consultation to patients, families and staff, as requested.
* Provide/arrange for social work services as indicated by patient/family needs.
* Assist patients, as needed, with financial planning.
* Maintain communications with caseworkers.
* Keep the patients family informed of patient problems, personal needs, transfers and changes of level assignment.
* Maintain a current list of community resources to facilitate referrals. Act as a liaison between the facility and the community.
* Assure all documentation complies with applicable regulations. Act in compliance with all corporate, State, Federal and other regulatory standards.
* Participate in the quality improvement process of the facility. Attend and participate in facility meetings, as required. Participate in and/or provide in-service education sessions.
* Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* Bachelors degree in Social Work, required
* Current license/certification in the state of practice, required
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, required
* Demonstrated ability to assess patient needs, develop and implement a plan of care and coordinate the discharge planning process, required
* Masters degree in Social Work, preferred
* Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements, preferred
* One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred