Social Worker/ Case Manager - Part-time Day shift Christiana ED Job 9/13/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care Health System is currently seeking a Social Work professional to work Part-time in the Christiana Emergency Department. In this role you will provide direct Care Management Services, to a defined patient population. To assist patients and families to identify social, emotional, and, environmental needs. To connect patients/families with available resources/ services through the provision of a full spectrum of discharge planning, case management, and social work services. Other duties include:
* Work with the patients, families, and other members of the health care team to formulate appropriate post-acute discharge plans.
* Gathers and assesses information regarding the patient's biopsychosocial needs, including but not limited to mental status, family support system, financial resources, and available community and governmental resources.
* Works with the inter-disciplinary team to create a comprehensive care management plan that addresses the needs identified.
* Discharge plans will be action- oriented, time-specific, and include collaboration with utilization management to manage length of stay, ensure cost-effectiveness, and ensure in-network providers are being utilized.
* Identifies gaps between identified service needs and resource availability.
* Ensures patient is given choice in regard to agencies and services.
* Collaborate with healthcare professionals within multi-disciplinary team meetings and during patient rounds. SW will provide information pertinent to patients discharges needs (i.e. barriers, family dynamics, and resource limitations) and works to identify high-risk patients through this process.
* Provides education to patient/families on how to navigate throughout the healthcare delivery system.
* Bachelor's Degree in Social Work from an accredited university; Master s preferred.
* Bachelor s Degree in another behavioral sciences (ex. MFT, LPC, BA, etc.) may be considered depending on years and type of experience. Master s preferred
* Experience with discharge planning, utilization management, case management preferred.
* Practicum or job training recommended in an acute setting preferred.
* CCM/ACM certification or willingness to obtain within one year of hire.
WORK SHIFT: Day shift, No Rotation
POSITION TYPE: Clinical (non-nursing)
JOB REQUISITION #: 39298BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at (302)327-5555 or (866)849-8598.
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Social Worker, Emergency Medicine, Case Manager, Manager, Part Time, Service, Healthcare, Management Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.