Social Worker Intake
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 08621-9769
Days (rotating weekends)
EASTSIDE is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. EASTSIDE MEDICAL CENTER has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
EASTSIDE MEDICAL CENTER is seeking a PRN SOCIAL WORKER - INTAKE.
**CANDIDATE MUST HAVE FLEXIBLE AVAILABILITY AND CAN AT LEAST WORK 1 SHIFT/WEEK, MAINLY OVERNIGHT.**
* Triages the needs of behavioral health patients and family support systems at Eastside Medical Center South Campus
* Able to function in a high paced intake environment completing a thorough assessment within 45-60 minutes of patient s arrival
* Able to receive inquiry calls, schedule assessments, and complete assessment and admissions in the intake process
* Communicates clinical information to the on-call psychiatrist
* Coordinates with business office to verify insurance coverage and eligibility
* Acts as a liaison between the facility and resources external to the organization
* Provides crisis intervention and support
* Completes pre-certification process for any Behavioral Patient admitted to Eastside Medical Center South Campus
* Master s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or other Mental/Behavioral Health field required
* GA licensure required
* Mental Health assessment or Psychiatric/Behavioral Health experience; triage/assessment and admissions/crisis intervention or other mental health/chemical abuse experience is preferred
* Knowledgeable of minimum requirements for accrediting bodies, Joint Commission, state and regulatory requirements related to service delivery in the facility
* BLS American Heart Association - required
* Crisis Prevention within 60 days of hire or transfer
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
* Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats
* Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
* Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified
Last Edited: 09/07/2016