Social Worker LCSW
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
FAST FACTS ABOUT ST. MARY\'S AND GRAND JUNCTION
* Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
* Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
* 300 days of sunshine
* Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
* Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
* Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
* A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
* The heart of Colorado's wine country
* Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
* Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
* 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
* 346 beds (310 are staffed)
SERVICES & EXPERTISE
* Cardiac & Vascular Services
* Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
* Emergency Services
* Family Medicine Residency
* Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
* Neonatal Intensive Care
* Orthopedics & Spine Center
* Primary Stroke Center
* Regional Blood Center
* Regional Cancer Center
* Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
* Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com The Social Worker provides services to respond to the emotional needs of patients and their families. This employee also assists with patient admissions and the referral process.
* As part of the admission process, meet with the patient and family to review policies on advanced directives, patient rights and non-discrimination.
* Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of patient problems/ needs. Meet with appropriate facility staff concerning patient issues. Provide social work consultation to patients, families and staff, as requested.
* Provide/arrange for social work services as indicated by patient/family needs.
* Assist patients, as needed, with financial planning.
* Maintain communications with caseworkers.
* Keep the patients family informed of patient problems, personal needs, transfers and changes of level assignment.
* Maintain a current list of community resources to facilitate referrals. Act as a liaison between the facility and the community.
* Assure all documentation complies with applicable regulations. Act in compliance with all corporate, State, Federal and other regulatory standards.
* Participate in the quality improvement process of the facility. Attend and participate in facility meetings, as required. Participate in and/or provide in-service education sessions.
* Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* Bachelors degree in Social Work, required
* Current license/certification in the state of practice, required
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, required
* Demonstrated ability to assess patient needs, develop and implement a plan of care and coordinate the discharge planning process, required
* Masters degree in Social Work, preferred
* Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements, preferred
* One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred