Social Worker LCSW PRN - Neurology Clinic 8/31/2016
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 02560-10811
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
* A safe place to work.
* Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
* Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
* A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
* Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
* Provides Intensive Counseling Services And Direction For Complex Social And Emotional Problems Of Patients And Their Families. Identifies And Understands The Emotional Factors Underlying A Patient s Illness. Supervises Or Performs A Variety Of Services, Such As Advising On Social Problems, Arranging For Discharge (discharge Planning) Or Postoperative Care At Home Or In Institutions, Placement Of Children In Foster Homes Or Adults In Nursing Homes, Financial Assistance To Patients Or Families During Illnesses, And Alleviation Of Anxieties Or Fears Concerning Permanent Disabilities, Disfiguring Illnesses, Or Uncertainty About The Future. May Assist Manager In Policy Development, Problem Solving, Recruitment And Staff Training. Assists With Program Development. May Assist With Assessment And Referral Of EAP Participants. Performs All Other Duties As Assigned.
Position Requirements: (Minimum qualifications for the position)
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: LCSW required.
EDUCATION: MSW required
EXPERIENCE: At least two years post-Masters experience required, preferably in a behavioral or healthcare setting.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Excellent skills in written and oral communication and guest relations; knowledge in human growth and development and emotional needs of children, adolescents and adults as well as the special needs of chemical dependent and/or abused clients; basic organizational, problem solving and leadership skills; skills in documentation and record-keeping; basic marketing strategies; skills in conducting individual, family, and group therapy skills in maintaining information as confidential; knowledge or standards of ethical and quality care.
Last Edited: 10/13/2016