Social Worker LMSW (PRN - Weekend/Holidays)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01578-71770
COVERAGE COMMITMENT FOR 2 WEEKENDS PER MONTH AND 2 MAJOR HOLIDAYS
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Social Worker is a member of a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with the medical staff, other hospital departments, community agencies and others to provide continuity in care to the patient and their families. The social worker assesses strengths and/or stressors that impact patient functioning in order to identify available resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Evaluates patient s physical, mental, and emotional well-being by interviewing patient, family and significant others when performing psychosocial assessments. Makes recommendations to the health care team regarding psychosocial diagnosis and treatment options when appropriate.
* Ensures that documentation of assessments and interventions are filed in the patient s medical record, and reflects the collaboration with other staff, patient/family, community agencies and others as appropriate.
* Collaborates with the health care team to facilitate discharge planning. Makes referrals to appropriate community agencies, maintains up-to-date information on community resources.
* Provides short-term crisis intervention counseling and emotional support to patients and their families, with focus on alleviating anxieties/fears relative to their life altering conditions and uncertainties of recovery. Assists patients/families to adjust to hospital routines; understand, accept, and comply with medical recommendations related to their selected interventions. Recognizes the need for long-term intensive counseling services and makes appropriate referrals.
* Makes appropriate referrals for financial assistance.
* Participates in patient care conferences and shares patient information with the team
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a Masters Degree in Social work from an accredited college or university.
Two years experience in the service area hired into preferred. Bilingual preferred, but not required
MINIMUM LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES REQUIRED:
Must have a current LMSW (Master's Social Work License) in the State of Texas
Last Edited: 09/30/2016