Social Worker MSW PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 09726-42782
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER INDEPENDENCE, MO
SOCIAL WORKER MSW
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER features the following:
* Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
* An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
* Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
* An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
* Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
* Women s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
* Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
Under the direction of the Continuum of Care Director, utilizes professional social work knowledge, relationship skills and interdisciplinary collaboration to assess and intervene in psychosocial issues significant to patient/family and team management of illness, injury and/or disability. Coordinates discharge planning utilizing community resources. Collaborates with all members of the treatment team. Documents all activities in the medical record via Meditech.
EDUCATION: Master s Degree in Social Work
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: Commission as a Notary Public for the State of Missouri within 18 months of hire date.
Last Edited: 07/25/2016