Social Worker PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08621-9767
* Evaluates the psychosocial needs of patients and family support systems and coordinates appropriate discharge plans for identified patient populations.
* Acts as a liaison between the facility and resources external to the organization.
* Facilitates the implementation of timely discharge plans and facilitates follow-up to anticipated post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care.
* Provides crisis intervention and support.
* Identifies and tracks barriers to patient throughput.
* Completes the social services section of the treatment plan.
* Coordinates treatment team meetings between the physician and disciplines.
* Coordinates discharge plans with attending physician or designee
* Master s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related behavior science is required
* Knowledgeable of minimum requirements for accrediting bodies, Joint Commission, state and regulatory requirements related to service delivery in the facility
* BLS American Heart Association - required
* Crisis Prevention within 60 days of hire or transfer
* Social Work experience; acute care case management experience preferred
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
* Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats
* Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
* Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified
Last Edited: 08/11/2016