Soft Services Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Soft Services Manager
Auto Req ID
The Soft Services Manager (Hospitality) directly oversees multiple service disciplines across Merck operations in the Americas. This position is directly responsible for contract management of dining, conference and other hospitality programs. The Soft Services Manager is responsible for managing these operations in a productive, efficient, best practice, regulatory compliant and cost effective manner, ensuring that maximum benefit is derived from the investment made.
* A true innovator who brings diverse thoughts and continuous improvement.
* Participates in creation and implementation of inspections and other quality practices and procedures.
CUSTOMER FOCUS | EXPERIENCE
* Genuine service oriented individual that is focused on the customer experience and able to provide continued monitoring of established quality procedures, resolve internal quality issues and customer complaints concerning product and or service dissatisfaction.
* Analyze trends and utilize data to anticipate and proactively address issues in the client environment.
* Directly manage all aspects of the Food Services operation, related contracts, subsidy, accounting and invoice processing, Health & Well Being program, Private Dining operation, vending, cafeteria, Conference Center Food Services, office coffee, food safety & inspections, etc., ensuring those operations are run in a safe, best practice, timely, regulatory compliant, and cost efficient manner that provides a superior customer experience and with a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Responsible for all related KPI s and other scoring metrics
* Provide SME support of Conference Center operations, integration of AV services, and support from Building Operations, operational integrity, and aesthetic compliance against high standards.
* Works directly with key stakeholders including Merck Unified Communication teams and other interested parties.
* Responsible for all related KPI s and other scoring metrics.
* Work closely with the IFM Leadership, Merck executive management, and supplier partners.
* Able to lead assigned tasks and responsibilities with minimal supervision and support.
* Liaise with counterparts and others at sister companies to ensure integration and regionalization where feasible, maximizing the whole of our companies, ensuring a consistently holistic approach to similar responsibilities across the region where operationally and/or economically advantageous.
* Demonstrated success directly interfacing, with client senior management, vendors, and throughout all levels of the organization.
* Effectively utilizes data and analytics in the communication of solutions and decision making.
* Familiarization with applicable codes, comply with specifications, and ensure standards are met within the scope of company policies and procedures, and in compliance with all federal and state regulations.
* Closely monitors work requests communicated by JLL, the client and vendors.
* Continuously raise the bar in vendor quality and service while reducing overall costs.
* Hold vendors accountable for delivering high quality service per contract scope of work.
* Partners with vendors to continuously improve service quality and resolve/troubleshoot service issues.
* Consistently delivers high quality, creative, and cost-effective solutions that benefits the client.
* Conducts planned inspections of the sites to check the level of service provided by the service providers. These inspections should serve as an assurance of quality on the perception of service as indicated by the surveys received from the users and the contractor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* 4 year College Degree or equivalent.
* 5+ years in Hospitality Management role working with executives, local regulatory officials and other decision makers in an influential manner, in support of furthering the goals of the organization.
* 3+ years experience directly managing (or via contractors) Food Services operations, and/or Conference Center operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Excellent technical skills applicable to the disciplines managed (food services equipment, conference center equipment (most notably AV), software and web apps, etc.)
* Superior budget management skills and accounting capabilities.
* Excellent negotiation skills with contractors, employees and customers.
* Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment, demonstrating self-motivation, being adaptable to changing environments and situations, and completing simultaneous #1 priorities on time and within budget.
* Excellent verbal and written skills with an ability to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate to reach consensus and/or transfer knowledge to others as an instructor.
PROJECT AND EVENT MANAGEMENT
* 3 5 years experience
* 5+ years, preferred
* 3 5 years experience
* 5+ years, preferred
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 42930BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years