Softlines Retail Sales Manager - ReqCode 16000EFE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Dick's Sporting Goods
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescriptionDICK'S Sporting Goods is seeking an Assistant Store Manager to support store operations.
As a Softlines Sales Manager, you will be responsible for achieving company objectives in profit and loss control, sales performance, customer satisfaction, and shrink results by supporting the Store Manager and overseeing the specific operational aspects of the Softlines area(s) of the store. You will directly manage a team of associates assigned to the Softlines Departments and have a dotted-line responsibility for managing associates in other areas of the store when serving as Manager on Duty.
Essential Functions of this position include:
* Develop schedules for the assigned department(s) and monitor payroll on a daily basis to ensure payroll plans are met
* Manage the sales performance of the assigned department(s) to meet sales and margin goals; plan and schedule associates to complete non-selling activities as needed
* Uphold DICK'S Sporting Goods standards for merchandise presentation
* Participate or lead the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring for hourly and salaried associates
* Lead consistent evaluation and development of in-store talent
* Issue appropriate counseling and disciplinary action to associates who fail to meet our performance standards
* Drive shrink results through compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention, and cash-handling procedures
* Other tasks/responsibilities as business needs dictate
At DICK'S Sporting Goods, our goal is to become the number one sports and fitness specialty retailer for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts, through the relentless improvement of everything we do. Our formula for success is simple: We offer a wide selection of authentic sports, fitness and outdoor merchandise in a convenient, shopper-friendly environment. As a leading omni-channel retailer, we make lasting impacts on communities through sport and activity. Year after year, our unwavering commitment to these principles has enabled DICK'S Sporting Goods to become a growing Fortune 500 company.
* 3 years Retail Assistant Store Manager, Department Manager (Big Box preferred) or Retail Store Manager experience required
* World-class customer service skill and interpersonal/communication skills
* Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
* Good Attention to detail
* Proficiency in MS Office
* Flexible availability - including nights, weekend, and holidays
* Ability to meet Federal requirements for handling and processing firearm transactions
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
* Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs
Candidates seeking employment with DICK'S Sporting Goods should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check prior to beginning employment.
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://dsg.contacthr.com/50570215.jpg /