Softlines Support Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Middleburg Heights, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
The Softlines Support Lead closely partners with Store Leadership to enhance the Member experience, and drive sales through professional and proactive sales assistance, ongoing observations and feedback to sales associates, and assistance to Members to find the right merchandise every time. The Lead also coordinates and participates in achieving department goals; maintains merchandise standards; ensures the sales floor is clean, well-stocked, orderly and ready all day; maintains price integrity; and performs opening and closing procedures.
Responsible for coordinating and participating in all selling, cashiering and merchandising activities, and other tasks as assigned supporting softlines areas and the whole store.
* Reading, arithmetic, writing and oral communication skills
* Excellent Internet navigation
* Ability to work independently and maintain personal productivity
* Demonstrated sales experience
* Strong merchandising, and organizational skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Open Availability
* Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
* Knowledge of offered products and services
* Passion for members and demonstrated customer service skills
* Friendly and Outgoing
* Passion for technology and innovation
Age Requirement: 18+ (Except Under Certain Conditions)Job Duties/Responsibilities:
* Partners with Store Leadership to drive day-to-day execution on the sales floor, and ensure associates understand member experience, member interaction expectations, selling, cashiering and merchandising responsibilities. Teaches and models expected behaviors that lead to the right member experience and selling performance. Analyzes team and associate-level metrics to drive continuous improvement opportunities with associates and other sales teams.
* Assists with Member concerns, and holds sales associates accountable for using the right resources in resolving concerns and complaints, and escalating concerns as needed. Provides an effective transition for Members to sales associates as needed to resolve concerns.
* Ensures associates complete Member transactions accurately and efficiently using POS and online systems, including sales, returns, and exchanges in accordance with authorized processes. Ensures sales associates understand the operational and selling processes and execute them consistently (e.g. SYW program and rewards, credit application process, leasing process, gift card, SYW Rewards, multi-channel opportunities, Protection Agreements, Merchandise Replacement Agreements, and other miscellaneous income opportunities); stays up-to-date on changes.
* Assists Store Leadership in ensuring that the sales floor is visually appealing, effectively merchandised and easy to shop. Responsible for keeping the zone ready all day and night and ensuring the sales floor is easy to shop, in stock, clean, signed and organized for customers. Ensures the signing is correct on the sales floor and works with Store Leadership to coordinate correction as needed. Assists Store Leadership in ensuring the zone adheres to applicable National Presentation Standards and current monthly sales plan.
* Assists Store Leadership in coordinating the work with associates and Operations team to:
- Complete appropriate setup of store-wide and event signing and take down.
- Ensure appropriate stocking, pricing, rotation and condition of merchandise.
- Ensure seasonal resets, basic plan-o-grams, unit integrity, seasonal markdowns, and ad recaps are completed on time.
- Ensure all inventory is on the floor within expected timeframe.
- Ensure the accuracy of on-hand inventory counts, monitors out-of-stock opportunities and replenishment process execution.
- Plan schedules to complete the work needed in a timely manner.
* Demonstrates understanding of the Shop Your Way rewards program and appropriate use of integrated retail tools, and is able to convey the value to both associates and Members.
* Assists Store Leadership in reinforcing clear expectations for associates' performance and behavior, and provides associates with ongoing observations and feedback. Accurately documents associate observations and provides input on associates' action plans, monthly coaching and performance reviews. Assists Store Leadership in ensuring associates are up-to-date on selling techniques, product knowledge, training and appropriate use of integrated retail tools to provide a WOW member experience. Ensures sales associates are delivering the right Member experience and understand how to improve.
* Performs opening and closing procedures as appropriate, consistent with current procedures. Follows appropriate cash handling processes, and assists the Store Manager in providing guidance on processes as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.