This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
We currently have an outstanding for a Software Architect.
We are seeking candidates that have strong development experience and who are passionate about the latest industry trends and innovations occurring in web based products.
This position will be located in: Arlington VA
* Architect our products and large data sets to a cloud deployable platform utilizing state of art technologies.
* Solve customer problems by writing code.
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years experience with full stack Web Application development using Java as the backend
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of web development industry trends and emerging technologies, and an ability to relate them to the company and its objectives
* In-depth knowledge of OO design patterns
* Ability to work through the entire stack from data layer to presentation layer
* Very strong technical competence and background delivering projects on time
* Exposure to design patterns, unit testing, source code control, and agile development methods
* Strong communication skills
* 5 years experience in product or SaaS development.
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets our employees. That s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits include (but may vary depending on global location):
* Competitive Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Short-term Disability Insurance
* Long-term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Education Reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program
Mental & Emotional Well-being
* Substantial Paid Time-off
* Generous Holiday Schedule PLUS a company-wide paid winter holiday from Christmas Eve through New Year s Day
* Casual Dress Environment
* Flexible Work Arrangement Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.