Software Architect Engineer, Sr.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Sr. Software Architect Engineer, Esterline Control and Communication Systems - Korry
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Control Systems is comprised of four wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline including: AVISTA software and systems; BVR solutions for motion control; and MASON controls; and KORRY HMI display and control products.
Korry Electronics is part of Esterline Control & Communication Systems.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 600+
Title: Sr. Software Architect Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Reports to: Manager, Systems, Software, and Reliability Engineering
Works with: Systems, Software, Project, Electrical, Optical and Mechanical Engineers
Location: Located at the Korry facility in Everett, WA
Type: Full Time
Korry Electronic is looking for a seasoned Software Engineer to take a position of Senior Software Architect Engineer in Korry s Product Design and Development group. This individual will be a critical contributor to the conceptualization, architecture, design and development of modern civil and military avionic systems, subsystems and LRUs.
The selected person will be a dynamic, self-motivated employee who can quickly become a significant, individual contributor in a multi-disciplined development team. The successful candidate will also be responsible for design activities characterized by fast-paced, creative, and solid development of high performance avionics and defense products.
* Responsible for initial design and development of innovative and cost effective software solutions for avionics products
* Influence development of system requirements to ensure implementation of software architecture leading to functional and efficient safety critical avionics systems,
* Define and enforce a critical role of software architecture in cost efficient software development.
* Capture, develop and maintain system and subsystem features and functions of software architecture in accordance with customer and market needs,
* In concert with Advanced Development selects advanced design concepts and fundamental technology used for modern avionics products, and product development as well as modeling, simulation and test.
* Manage simultaneous participation in multiple development projects to design new, or redesign existing systems,
* Participate in design standardization and process improvements while remaining flexible and sensitive to shifting priorities
* Interacts with customer and supplier companies in a professional manner; proactively communicates with them to ensure an ongoing two-way exchange of information
* May provide consultation and guidance on complex projects throughout the development process and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
* Ensures that software architecture is an integral part of SW development lifecycle
* Influences product development by evangelizing criticality of maintaining software architecture throughout product life cycle
* Implements common architectural concepts across products and systems
* Foster a culture of engineering excellence.
* Foster a culture of innovation and continuous advancement of the company s technology base and product portfolio.
* Successfully communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
* Conducts rigorous project reviews, risk assessments, and contingency plans to minimize project risks as part of the New Product Development process
* Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
* Ensure product performance is properly analyzed to meet requirements and recommend improvements if required, and coordinate with Program Management Office to ensure product and program success.
* Participates in writing and reviewing proposals on prospective projects. Ensures all proposals are professionally done and contain accurate technical content
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Proved software architecture experience in full life cycle design of military and civil avionics systems and avionics components
* Understanding of avionics systems architecture with emphasis on aircraft installations and operations, human factors design, aircraft digital data buses and protocols, analog and digital system interfaces and modern aircraft system architecture
* Experience in the development of Requirements Documents, Design Descriptions and or Verification Cases and Procedures
* Working knowledge of industry airworthiness standards and regulations including but not limited to FAR s and Regulatory Guidance, assurance standards and methods: DO-297, DO-178, DO-160, DO-254, ARP 4754 and others
* Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus.
* Ability to self-direct and self-motivate, work independently and collaboratively, work in a multidisciplinary team with only general directions.
* Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
* Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
* Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
Ethics and Values
Integrity and Trust
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
Bachelor s Degree in Software Engineering, Engineering in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
Minimum of ten years of experience in Software System Architecture
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).