Software Architect (IT- Healthcare Insurance)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition #:
Software Architect (IT- Healthcare Insurance)
Software Architect (IT Healthcare Insurance)
Software Architects are you looking for a rewarding new position with an industry leader with a firm commitment to its employees* Join our team at MultiPlan! Founded in 1980, we are the industry s most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. We have almost 900,000 healthcare providers under contract, an estimated 68 million consumers accessing our network products, and 40 million claims reduced through our network and non-network solutions each year.
We are currently seeking an experienced Software Architect to work in our Rockville, MD office. We offer competitive compensation and fantastic benefits, as well as a collegial workplace in a business-casual dress environment. You ll also find plenty of options for professional development and advancement with us. If this sounds like the kind of career move you ve been wanting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
As a Software Architect, you will be responsible for collaborating with other architects and technical leads to develop the technical direction for systems across the enterprise as well as responsible for the technical evolution of MultiPlan s systems as the company continues to develop new technologies.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
1. Communicate technical direction and vision to all levels of management and technical staff.
2. Perform analyses of requirements to design, document, and communicate technical implementations of those requirements. This design includes the physical environment as well as the software and data architecture as well as may involve modification of existing systems and/or the creation of new systems.
3. Collaborate with the technical leads responsible for establishing software development standards that support the technical vision.
4. Communicate extensively with customers and members of project teams regarding status, options, and issues related to the technical aspects of systems under development.
5. Provide architecture and technical leadership to the development team.
6. Serve as technical leader and resource by providing direction and assistance to technical leads and developers for data design, technical design, and development as needed.
7. Evaluate and recommend enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
8. Support a variety of other duties including maintenance; troubleshooting; technical design, coding and testing.
9. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
10. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
11. Demonstrate commitment to the Company s core values.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As a Software Architect, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
* Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science, or 4 years equivalent experience
* Minimum 8 years experience in Java and Web services development, including experience
o across several of the Java technologies, e.g. Swing, Java Server Pages, Servlets, and Enterprise Java Beans
o in Service Oriented Architecture, BPM, Rules Engine implementation
o in Oracle
* Experience in the Healthcare Industry preferred
* Communication (written, verbal and listening), project management and analytical skills
* Ability to leverage expertise across multiple areas for the design, development, and implementation of technical products and systems
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Ability to provide work direction and leadership to colleagues who do not directly report to this job
* Ability to use computer software, hardware, and peripherals related to job responsibilities
As a Software Architect with MultiPlan, you will be part of an organization with a proud 30-year legacy of experience and growth. We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Life insurance
* Optional and dependent life insurance
* Short- and long-term disability
* Paid time off
* Paid company holidays
* Tuition reimbursement
* Flexible Spending Account
* Employee Assistance Program
Opportunity. Recognition. Satisfaction. Grow your career with MultiPlan!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Viant will provide equal consideration to all colleagues and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Additional BenefitsWe offer a competitive total compensation and benefits package, an incentive bonus program and an employee recognition program that acknowledges and rewards employees for outstanding performance. Here's a summary of the benefits we offer to MultiPlan employees.
•Medical Dental & Vision Insurance
•Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
•Short and Long-Term Disability
•Paid Time Off
•Paid Company Holidays
•Flexible Spending Account