This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Plum Placements Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDue to continued growth, our client is looking for a dynamic individual to join their team. As a SoftwareEngineer, you will lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Your role is to design innovative solutions to real market problems. You will work closely with other architects, business analysists and domain experts to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones.
* Work with other architects, business analysts and domain experts to transform business requirements and knowledge into implementable software designs.
* Research, evaluate, and recommend technology solutions based on the latest technology trends, application capabilities, and best practices.
* Drive creation of reference architectures and proofs-of-concept.
* Work with project managers and development teams to continuously improve the software development methodology and processes.
* Participate in the intake process and translate business needs into technical solutions/ideas.
* Provide technical leadership for developing and maintaining our client's technical foundation platform.
* Follow a standards-based architecture processes and enable tracking and enforcement of architectural guidelines.
* Develop and maintain all relevant architecture documentation while working with other architects: infrastructure architecture, application architecture, integration architecture, and the enterprise data architecture.
* Work with development teams to establish and enforce best practices for softwarequality across the organization.
* Act as a platform advocate and a coach for the adopters including the approaches, technologies and processes.
* Perform peer reviews of architecture / design artifacts; review development artifacts and documentation; ensure quality, consistency and adherence to D+H enterprise standards.
* Related duties as assigned.
* Post-secondary education in Computer Science, SoftwareEngineering, Information Management or equivalent demonstrated work experience.
* 6+ YEARS OF PROGRESSIVE EXPERIENCE IN A CORPORATE IT ENVIRONMENT OR AN IT CONSULTING COMPANY WITH AT LEAST 2 YEARS IN A SENIOR ROLE.
* 3+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN BUILDING, INTEGRATING AND DELIVERING FINANCIAL PRODUCTS USING .NET BASED TECHNOLOGIES.
* 6+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE DEVELOPING APPLICATIONS ON MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK, ASP.NET, C# AND VISUAL STUDIO.
* 3+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE DEVELOPING PRODUCTS ON SQL SERVER AND USING VISUAL STUDIO DATABASE TOOLS.
* 3+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH TFS/VSTS ON MULTIPLE ASPECTS (BUILD CONFIGURATION AND CUSTOMIZATION, WORK ITEM TRACKING AND CUSTOMIZATION, TEST, PERFORMANCE TESTING, ETC.).
* Demonstrated experience BUILDING AND DELIVERING SAAS SOLUTIONSutilizing cloud technologies.
* Experience delivering products in an AGILE ENVIRONMENT.
* Experience working with multiple global delivery teams including both on-shore/near-shore and off-shore.
* Strong leadership and capable to work simultaneously with multiple development teams across multiple projects/delivering streams in sprints and ensure timely updates and tractability of product architecture design and all requirements.
* Partner with product owners and product managers to oversee multiple development streams for overall product deliverables.
* Demonstrated skills in applying with various architecture disciplines in software development especially web, familiarity with core design patterns and new trends.
* Current state and future state architecture and design documentation, capable to produce detailed roadmap to implement and transit.
* Plays a critical role in the investigation of new technologies to provide development viability of architectural initiatives to meet medium to long term business needs.
* Partner with product owners, product managers and development teams on oversight for all requirements to formulate appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality, deciding when to advocate and when to compromise to arrive at mutually acceptable products.
* EXPERT IN OBJECT-ORIENTED DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT.
* PERFORMANCE TUNING (WEB APPLICATION AND/OR SQL SERVER, SERVICES, ETC.).
* INFRASTRUCTURE ARCHITECTURE COMPONENTS, standards and practices.
* CLOUD COMPUTING IAAS / PAAS / SAAS, INCLUDING HYBRID SOLUTIONS INTEGRATED WITH ON PREMISE SYSTEMS.
* Exposure to building multi-tenancy, high-volume, transactional, SAAS APPLICATIONS WITH SCALABILITY AND HIGH AVAILABILITY.
* Proven experience in modern web development.
* Experience with application rationalization and modernization initiatives.
* Establishes, communicates, and enforces application design patterns, interface standards, and development guidelines.
* Strong knowledge of ENTERPRISE CLASS SOFTWARE NON-FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS SUCH AS AVAILABILITY, SCALABILITY, ACCESSIBILITY AND USABILITY.
* Understand industry technology trends, lead new technology selections and adaptions.
* Contribute to enterprise innovation, POC and creating standards for enterprise.