Software & Automation Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting into System Software and Automation, the Functional Lead will be responsible for leading an agile team in software design and development of new and expanded software and automation capabilities.
* Providing day to day leadership to a functional team delivering sets of functionality to a larger program
* Managing contract resources writing detailed design specs and/or authoring software code and configurations
* Ensuring on time delivery of each project element through internal and external staff
* Coordinating across geographies to ensure architecture is aligned in technology, strategy, and delivery expectations
* 8+ years software engineering experience
* 4+ years manufacturing controls (PLC/SCADA/MES) experience
* 2+ years functional leadership experience
* 2+ years in a GMP environment
* Experience managing teams in different geographical locations and time zones
* Experience working with offshore teams
* BS or higher required
* Computer Science or Software Engineering degree preferred
* Prefer experience with pharma biotech companies
* Prefer experience with agile development methodologies
* Prefer experience managing vendor relationships
* Prefer experience managing consultants from multiple vendors
EMD Millipore: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.