Software Business Development 8/24/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Software Business Development will be responsible for helping Ryan promote its technology products in the marketplace. The Software Business Development will focus on Ryan s software offerings and have sales experience in this vertical market. The position will carry a quarterly revenue target. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the tax functional level as well as with their IT counterparts. The Software Business Development will be an exceptionally strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and embraces all aspects of selling. Must be able to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment and have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Generate new business opportunities to drive pipeline growth
* Prospecting via cold calls, email, and other marketing campaigns
* Collaborate with Sales Management and Marketing to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging
* Research and build new contacts and existing accounts
* Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives
* Analyze prospect needs to identify business opportunities
* Gain deep knowledge of Ryan products and services
* Gain deep knowledge of competitors
* Work with Product Management and Engineering for product improvement
* Attends conferences, both local and national, in order to generate new leads of qualified prospects.
* Develops responses to requests for proposals.
* Assists Marketing Department with promotional events and conferences and provides feedback regarding marketing materials.
* Utilizes Internet tools (i.e., OneSource) to research for opportunities at prospects and clients.
* Generates necessary documentation to assist in deal closing (presentations, end user licenses, etc.)
* Secures references from Firm clients.
* Works with SMEs regarding CRM, OneSource, and the Prospect Register.
* Coordinates with the Legal Department regarding agreement term and condition issues.
* Assists with other projects as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas
* Experience selling financial and/or tax related tools preferred
* Selling experience to Finance and/or Tax preferred
* Excellent time management
* Excellent written skills and highly articulate
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor s degree with 7-10 years of professional experience.
* Enterprise Indirect Tax application sales a must.
* Demonstrable track record of success a must.
* Strong cold calling skills a must.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic skills in Microsoft Excel, intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, and advanced skills in Microsoft Word, CRM, and Internet navigation and research.
This job has limited supervisory responsibilities for the Business Development Department, including training employees, assigning work, and checking work for accuracy and completeness..