Software Design Engineer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Cobham AvComm Wichita
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COBHAM is seeking a SOFTWARE DESIGN ENGINEER - LEVEL I. This position is located in Wichita, KS.
* Provides assistance in estimating project task and schedules. Also provides other information to management for planning purposes.
* Coordinate other engineers on certain activities to achieve task completion.
* Ensure product conforms to requirements by following established procedure and design standards.
* Verifies items created or defined by developing and conducting tests to ensure specifications are met.
* Coordinates with other design engineers to provide effective system solutions.
* Demonstrates high degree of proficiency in discipline to determine good match between design requirement intended function and engineering implementation or methodology.
* Ability to translate module level specifications to development solution.
* Develops test plans for product verification. Assists test department and/or manufacturing for production test process/procedures creation.
* Ability to follow departmental engineering procedure standards.
* Assists in the definition of test requirement for product integration, and/or transition to manufacturing phase.
* Ability to translate customer requirements to engineering specifications.
* Creates software to meet intended requirements. Tests and troubleshoots SW as required.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
* Prepares design reviews.
* Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Ensures completion of all documentation required for product release.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineer, Computer Science or Electrical Engineer.
* Experience with embedded processors.
* Experience of operating system concepts.
* Experience with Windows and/or Linux application development.
* Experience C and C programming skills.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Kansas-Wichita
Organization: Cobham AvComm Wichita
Recruiter: Jennifer Starr