This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SOFTWARE DESIGNER
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
As a global leader in fixed, mobile and converged broadband access, carrier and enterprise IP technologies, applications, and services, Nokia offers the end-to-end solutions that enable compelling communications services for people at home, at work and on the move.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
Join the team and help deliver the 7705 Service Aggregation Router! We are looking for a highly motivated professional software development engineer whose responsibilities will include:
* Become the expert for a key component of the software architecture with complete ownership and responsibility for your area
* Design, implement and integrate new features for the product
* Fix issues found in your area of expertise by Test or Customers
* Interact with Hardware Engineers, Test Engineers, Product Line Management and/or Vendors.
* Degree in Computer engineering, Computer Science, equivalent, or better.
* Excellent knowledge of C and/or C .
* Experience in embedded development (any RTOS, but preferably VxWorks)
* A commitment to delivering high quality software
* A proven track record of successful development on an IP/MPLS router
* Experience in IP/MPLS networking and routing protocols (e.g. OSPF, BGP, PWE)
* Experience in Layer1/2 protocols (e.g. Ethernet, SONET/SDH, PPP/MLPPP)
NOIKA IS COMMITTED TO BUILDING A SKILLED, DIVERSE WORKFORCE REFLECTIVE OF CANADIAN SOCIETY. AS A RESULT, WE PROMOTE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY AND ENCOURAGE WOMEN, ABORIGINAL PERSONS, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY OR MEMBERS OF A VISIBLE MINORITY GROUP TO APPLY.