Software Dev Eng Test III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Software Development Engineer Test III has the responsibility to ensure adherence, and bring effectiveness, to the defined test processes, involving in traceability analysis of test artifacts to system requirements, daily tracking & efficient reporting especially whenever impact on release dates is suspected. This position also takes care of clearing blockers and assisting in test progress, including but not limited to, test environment readiness, scoping open source automation tools, preparing test harnesses for API, Web Services, XML testing and assisting team in project planning & estimation models. This position also specializes in site analytics, application performance monitoring and backend business rules validations.Job Duties/Responsibilities:
* Works with team in translating business requirements/use case into test scripts following accelerated delivery model.
* Conducts system tests to ensure smooth integration, tracks testing activities and completes daily reports including traceability matrices
* Develops and automates test cases right alongside the developers as they develop the code. Anticipates environmental needs beforehand like online & batch environment, QA database, sample data load and sets them up early in project
* Communicates issues impacting code release and coordinates with partner teams including development, business, release, deployment by presenting targeted QA Project management dates.
* Tests & monitors online site functionality using site catalyst tools and application performance tools; Establishes performance benchmarks to test against each software release.
* Tests applications using APIs, SOAP, REST, Web Services, and XML validations for correctness of requests and responses between systems; and also backend applications including Database systems to ensure data integrity and validates business rules
* Creates and maintains test scripts using open source automation tools such as Selenium to speed up functional tests and automate redundant regression cases
* Breaks up existing stored procedures to create a multi-tiered architecture, including a robust data access layer, to maintain separation of logic and storage
* Reviews data models and database design documents produced by the members of other application teams and recommends correct test plans from functional and performance test perspective
* Assists in creating realistic project plans and ensuring their timely execution based on proven estimation models and continuous resource tracking
* B.S Degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
* 5-8 years of relevant QA technical experience in the following:
* Experience in any search platform
* Experience in web cache concepts, post order/order management flows, multi-channel commerce, point of sale & Mobile POS
* Experience working on Application Performance Management tools, Big-data and Log Analysis tools, Web Analytics and Customer Experience Management
* 5 years' experience in the following:
* Ability to mentor and recruit junior test engineers & enforce good test practices.
* Familiarity with continuous integration and build tools
* 3 years' experience in the following
* Requirement analysis, design of test plan and test cases, test scripts automation and execution for large scale applications, database testing including stored procedures & triggers, experience in UNIX environment
* Testing tools including IBM, Mercury/HP, Rational tools and open source tools
* 1-2 years' experience in coding (C, C++, Java, object-oriented design concepts)
* M.S. or PhD preferredEEO EMPLOYER